convert from p/s to manual steering

shak3yb0n3z

Well, I suppose I don't have first-hand knowledge of it. Just what I read on a forum a long time ago.

But if you're really committed to doing the conversion you'll have to buy the rack regardless and the subframe if necessary. *shrugs* I can check my Helms when I get home to confirm.

Personally I cant stand an SRT4 the transmission feels like its made of plastic and you sit way too high. Not only that but no matter what you do to it the car will always be a Neon and that's not cool.

I think SRT4's are in the same class as EVO's nearly all the drivers are duchebags.

I will personally vouch for Justin not being a douche bag! :thumbsup:

lol I'm a girl :D

and if you google search "Sol manual steering" you'll find lots more info. :)

lol okay girl! you rock... but when you search sol manual steering you don't get much.

first post on google...

After doing some research I have come to a conclusion. To use the ps rack, you can...either just take off the belt and leave the unit inplace(will work fine)...or if you want to remove the whole unit, you have to take the line going IN and the line going OUT and loop them back. Search around you will find info on it. If u run dry, the piston in the rack and a couple other things will dry up and then...lock up = not good while driving. You need to keep some power steering fluid in the rack and loop the in and out lines.

that information is in the helms manual? cool... if you don't mind bro that would rock

Well, Helms wasn't as helpful as I'd thought, but nowhere in the order of operations does it say to remove either rack from "the subframe brace." Going by the illustrations the two racks, while obviously different, have the same mounting configuration/points. I wouldn't be able to give a yay or nay without looking at both though. Sorry.

first post on google...

After doing some research I have come to a conclusion. To use the ps rack, you can...either just take off the belt and leave the unit inplace(will work fine)...or if you want to remove the whole unit, you have to take the line going IN and the line going OUT and loop them back. Search around you will find info on it. If u run dry, the piston in the rack and a couple other things will dry up and then...lock up = not good while driving. You need to keep some power steering fluid in the rack and loop the in and out lines.

yeah i found that information too, i'd prefer to just swap out for a manual rack, rather then looping lines or just the belt.

Well, Helms wasn't as helpful as I'd thought, but nowhere in the order of operations does it say to remove either rack from "the subframe brace." Going by the illustrations the two racks, while obviously different, have the same mounting configuration/points. I wouldn't be able to give a yay or nay without looking at both though. Sorry.

thanks for your input. much appreciated. i guess either way i'm gonna need the rack so i should just buy it and if it don't fit... find a subframe i guess lols...

I appreciate all the input from everyone.

feel free to close this thread as my question has been answered... or keep talking about skittles lol.

yeah i found that information too, i'd prefer to just swap out for a manual rack, rather then looping lines or just the belt.

thanks for your input. much appreciated. i guess either way i'm gonna need the rack so i should just buy it and if it don't fit... find a subframe i guess lols...

I appreciate all the input from everyone.

feel free to close this thread as my question has been answered... or keep talking about skittles lol.

Skittles are delicious! :thumbsup:

I have a co-worked with the nickname skittles. He was driving the pumper and saw a bumper sticker that said "I give the best blowjob you'll never get", and had a rainbow triangle on it. He pulled up for a closer look to find that the driver was a gay dude. He didnt know what the rainbow triangle ment. Soooo he is skittles now because he wants to "taste the rainbow"

Archived