convert from p/s to manual steering

shak3yb0n3z

i don't like it in my del sol. i didn't ask for your opinion on why you love powersteering. i simply asked if anyone knows for sure if you need to change the subframe or not on the del sol to convert...

i'm not being rude. i'm sorry you took it that way. and the del sol and other honda's both come equipped with power and manual racks. there's no real case you have going there. it's all about preference.

you may like power steering in your del sol but i'd prefer to not have it. it's my choice and my vehicle, i'm not asking you to like it, just asking if anyone know's the answer to my question.

I love my skittle, I don't think I'll ever be able to sell it. Hoping to put it away forever when it hits 50k. I was going to sell teh sol, but haven't brought myself to do it yet.

Hell, I have no idea what I'm going to do actually. :) I want to build it, but I need a truck.

Same here, Cars, Snowmobiles, Hunting, Guns, Prospecting, and all the other crap I do. lol.

Haha. I've noticed that people either love the NSRT-4, or F'n hate it. There aren't many in the middle.

P.S. Were there any sols that had a manual steering rack, or do you have to get it from and older model?

the S model came with manual rack. not sure what years though.

and my thing with the skittle is that EVERYONE HAS ONE and they act like it's an import and it's not...

they don't handle too well and it's still a dodge neon with a stink bug look :(

they should of made a new body for the car. for me it'll always be a neon

LOL.

Funny thing is there was 20,553 ever produced. (as per Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center)

That was at the end of '05, now figure in wrecks and stuff there are probably only like 12-14,000 left I would imagine.

no crap? then all 20k of them are here in chicago...

they don't handle too well and it's still a dodge neon with a stink bug look :(

they should of made a new body for the car. for me it'll always be a neon

They did put a new body on the Neon... I kid you not:

8215-2002-Chrysler-PT%20Cruiser.jpg

Plymouth PT Cruiser: Dodge Neon with a 1950's station wagon body

Personally I cant stand an SRT4 the transmission feels like its made of plastic and you sit way too high. Not only that but no matter what you do to it the car will always be a Neon and that's not cool.

I think SRT4's are in the same class as EVO's nearly all the drivers are duchebags.

^he speaks truth

i got stuck with a pt cruiser as rental.. i had fun beating the hell out of it..

i think neons ride like trucks

We had the Chevy version (HHR) while we were out in Seattle. In 2 weeks we found 3 good things about it. Everything else either sucked or wasn't worth mentioning. Tending toward the former. :crazy:

I think SRT4's are in the same class as EVO's nearly all the drivers are duchebags.

he is such a sweet heart

i know two guys that was cool with srt4s.. and one with a neon.. who are all cool

i know one cool guy with an evo

welcome :)

Civic and del Sol...as much as I know, you need eg manual steering subframe and it bolts up and you are done :D

thanks bro. that's exactly what i wanted to hear. you rock!

How come you don't like it then? I don't understand why you would wanna take some thing out that makes your car easier and better to drive...

And no need to be rude mate.

steering is too easy in the del sol. can't feel the road and i don't like that. my rx8 has powersteering but i can feel the road and have good control. same thing in my prelude.

in the del sol it's just too easy and sloshy and i just don't feel the road. i rarely parallel park...and how does powersteering make your car better to drive? once your rolling in a manual rack,

steering is very nice and responsive. i know you're not being rude so no worries.

Power steering is necessary on big trucks, built Jeeps, semis and tractors.

On the del Sol it's really just another unneeded part that adds weight and can break. If you need power steering to get around in a del Sol may I suggest some HGH or creatine or something.

You do need to swap out the racks. I know that for sure, but they should share the same mounting points.

Power steering is necessary on big trucks, built Jeeps, semis and tractors.

On the del Sol it's really just another unneeded part that adds weight and can break. If you need power steering to get around in a del Sol may I suggest some HGH or creatine or something.

You do need to swap out the racks. I know that for sure, but they should share the same mounting points.

how do you know for sure? i really don't wanna swap the subframe. i'm told one mount on the manual rack is bigger and requires a bigger bracket and bushing...

if i don't need the subframe then i can pick up a manny rack for 40 bucks... otherwise it's 225 for the subframe and rack

Archived