just a thought

hiemsnox

so i know you guys are most likely completely against this idea, but i might be selling my del sol with the b18c gsr motor with the LSD tranny in it. Cause honestly i can pay for all my endeavors with the car, but with me being in college and doing ROTC which takes a HUGE amount of time. My idea right now is that i really need to focus on school and ROTC so that i can actually have a curreer to follow after college. and if i sell the gsr sol then i wont have to work as much as i do and i can put more time into ROTC.

so it just being an idea, this is not a for sale

but i would like to get idea of what you guys think i should be able to get out of it

things i have done or included with the car

replaced both front wheel bearing

replaced driver side axle

replaced with new tourqe mounts and bolts

replaced some ball joints

complete ENERGY SUSPENSION bushing kit with a few already installed

comes with EVERYTHING for a turbo build... turbo just needs new seals put in(that made me so happy when they blew...btw turbo is a ball bearing water cooled garrett turbo)

keeping in mind i know del sol really only get around 2k +change, but with this being the motor that it is what do u guys think i should get for it?

Unfortunately you're probably not going to get much more than the KBB value for whatever trim your Sol is. Any modifications actually drop the value... It's not fair, but that's the way the vehicle market goes. If you do sell it, you definitely want to sell the turbo kit separate. Unless by some miracle you find a really dumb rich kid.

Something around that with the modifications that you have done (because I am shopping for a del sol, I would know) you could get around 3000, min, 4000, most

maybe a little more depending on how well you took care of her, you might be able to get a little more. The said thing about automarket is that with modifications done to it, it goes down in value. but because of the b18c in it, it goes up a little, thats why I say around 3000 to 4000, because of the engine. also, what year is it, because that has a huge factor on price to?

I dont mean to insult you when I give you these prices, its just what Ive seen on the market... :/

i would buy it from you but to far away (just fyi)

If you are jsut going to sale it, i agree with taking the turbo off and selling seperately

however, if i were you, i'd definately look into putting it on ebay or craigslist

if the right wording and a little luck with someones stupidity thrown in, you might be able to get a good amount out of her.

You can put a reserve and hope for the best.

I was about to say "hey blasianteen theres a car for you!" lol

its kinda like this:

if you try selling it to someone who just wants a dd you wont get crap for it

you sell it to someone who knows about cars and thats what they are looking for you might get around 4k for it depending on body and stuff

sell it to a highschool kid who doesnt know much and parents say he can get what ever he wants and you say JDM a lot you can probably get like 8k for it hahaha sad but true

lmao oh dear ima high skewl kid, but my parents didnt pay a dime. and i didnt hear no jdm lol 2300 was aight i guess, first payment this week :{, but yea from experience i went crazy on craigs but wasnt a complete idiot. some guy tried that on me. i went to go see the car and it was trash i was like ur frackin crazy haha walked away to another car. GL!

well im glad that the rest of you actually think i can atleast get something for it, i bought it for 2500 and have since then made it much more drive-able. it was scary as shoot when i first brought it home. and the body needs some tough love... so i know there are things going against me cause of the body but like some of you said the engine will really help, hell thats the reason why i bought the car honestly. and i guess you are right i could try to sell the turbo kit separately... i just didnt know how well the turbo kit would sell with the blown seals in the turbo.

well, with selling it seperately, a of course a little cheaper than other kits becuase of the blown seals

chances are you can get someone who knows turbos than will buy it and just replace the seals

also, in that case, you'd definately get more for them seperately

GOOD LUCK

lmao oh dear ima high skewl kid, but my parents didnt pay a dime. and i didnt hear no jdm lol 2300 was aight i guess, first payment this week :{, but yea from experience i went crazy on craigs but wasnt a complete idiot. some guy tried that on me. i went to go see the car and it was trash i was like ur frackin crazy haha walked away to another car. GL!

thats why i said a spoiled rich kid who doesnt know anything.. not a kid who has to buy their own stuff who at least knows basics

well i have it up for 4k with so that i could get talked down. i was checking my GPA and classes i need to graduate... and ill need as much time as i can for school and ROTC, plus ill have more time and money once i get my high paying job....lol...high paying in the air force HAHA... atleast i will still have my white del sol!

Archived