Official HF FML Thread

BrIaN EG2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so much these days. I have been looking for something other than min wage. But im to the point where i just need something so i guess i should start filling out apps everywhere around here.

Javy, what happened?? Did the bf get jealous that she is stalking you? lool

I was just minding my own business have a drink with some friends at a restaurant and she comes up to say hi, and im like "oh hey" and she starts to ask how i've been and what not...i tell her i've been fine..and her b/f comes up to me and says "why you trying to get at my girl" i'm like one second guy, she came over here to say hi nothing else...and he jabs his finger into my chsst...(btw...I have a zero tolerence level when someone puts their hands on me with that demenor) So I said don't touch me...and he was like what you going to do get your boys here to do something...then he did it again and I punched him between the nose and the upper mouth area...and I split my knuckles kinda...

I dont understand the fighting over an ex thing. But i guess whatever works

Not fighting over an ex, just don't like people putting their hands on me especially after giving them a warning in advance.

she tried to say something but he shoved her out the way....thats grounds to already punch him but i gave him the benefit of the doubt....i dunno, just don't like confrontation, but this guy was begging to get hit, he was trying to keep it real lol....

when keepin it real goes wrong.

found out my mom now has lung damage from working in a plant for a few years (she was a manager at petsmart but when the parents got divorced and we moved to SC the drive to the store was taking A LOT of money with the vehicle she had so she got a job at this plant.. started off good.. not so good anymore)

she's also hurt her shoulder there from having to lift stuff.. along with them treating her like crap.. chris and my uncle (both firefighters) said they are supposed to wear respirators in the area she works in and all they give them is the crappy little white masks that dont filter the stuff they work with

im trying to get her to go to a lawyer cause with everything going on i know she has a good case (shes been healthy her entire life except like breaking bones on accident and stuff.. and 2 years ago she had a scan and it showed no lung damage.. now that shes been working in that new area she has lung damage.. nothing like that runs in the family).. and along with a lawyer shes trying to find a new job as a retail manager again

oh I see...well it's done... :) You alright?

Yea im fine...just got 4 stiches...but im good, BTW I met Courtney & Chloe Kardashian this past Friday.....I was spinning their set they requested....so yea they are really nice...but kinda dumb.....well at least courtney is...she asked how do you know when to mix in the next song..i nicely said in my headphones sweetheart....lol

found out my mom now has lung damage from working in a plant for a few years (she was a manager at petsmart but when the parents got divorced and we moved to SC the drive to the store was taking A LOT of money with the vehicle she had so she got a job at this plant.. started off good.. not so good anymore)

she's also hurt her shoulder there from having to lift stuff.. along with them treating her like crap.. chris and my uncle (both firefighters) said they are supposed to wear respirators in the area she works in and all they give them is the crappy little white masks that dont filter the stuff they work with

im trying to get her to go to a lawyer cause with everything going on i know she has a good case (shes been healthy her entire life except like breaking bones on accident and stuff.. and 2 years ago she had a scan and it showed no lung damage.. now that shes been working in that new area she has lung damage.. nothing like that runs in the family).. and along with a lawyer shes trying to find a new job as a retail manager again

Sorry to hear, although she has a strong case, your mom still has the damage thats been done, can anything be done to heal the damage or repair it? I only see nothing but a clear case for your mother, especially if they are suppose to be wearing respirators.

yah she works on the chrome line and they have some nasty chemicals and oil over there.. and giant tubs of acid

but the doctor said there is no way of repairing the damage.. pretty much only try to stop it from getting worse.. its not cancer thank god but im worried about later down the line it turning into it and so is she

she looked all the chemicals they are around and all but i think 2 can cause respiratory problems.. and one of the big oil tanks you shouldn't be around much without the proper breathing equipment cause its so nasty

Sad to hear, but that is a main reason for OSHA and an MSDS.

OSHA 1910.134(A)(2)

A respirator shall be provided to each employee when such equipment is necessary to protect the health of such employee. The employer shall provide the respirators which are applicable and suitable for the purpose intended. The employer shall be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a respiratory protection program, which shall include the requirements outlined in paragraph © of this section. The program shall cover each employee required by this section to use a respirator.

1910.134©(2)(ii)
In addition, the employer must establish and implement those elements of a written respiratory protection program necessary to ensure that any employee using a respirator voluntarily is medically able to use that respirator, and that the respirator is cleaned, stored, and maintained so that its use does not present a health hazard to the user. Exception: Employers are not required to include in a written respiratory protection program those employees whose only use of respirators involves the voluntary use of filtering facepieces (dust masks).

1910.134©(4)
The employer shall provide respirators, training, and medical evaluations at no cost to the employee.

they haven't had an osha visit in a good while (last person who called osha got fired when they found out who it was).. plants around here are f'ed up.. they don't care.. my brother in law works there too and he's trying to get out also

they haven't had an osha visit in a good while (last person who called osha got fired when they found out who it was).. plants around here are f'ed up.. they don't care.. my brother in law works there too and he's trying to get out also

You can request a OSHA inspection, and you are protected under the "Whistleblower Protection Program"

Link

"The Occupational Safety and Health Act is designed to regulate employment conditions relating to occupational safety and health and to achieve safer and more healthful workplaces throughout the nation. The Act provides for a wide range of substantive and procedural rights for employees and representatives of employees. The Act also recognizes that effective implementation and achievement of its goals depend in large measure upon the active and orderly participation of employees, individually and through their representatives, at every level of safety and health activity.

To help ensure that employees are, in fact, free to participate in safety and health activities, Section 11© of the Act prohibits any person from discharging or in any manner retaliating against any employee because the employee has exercised rights under the Act.

These rights include complaining to OSHA and seeking an OSHA inspection, participating in an OSHA inspection, and participating or testifying in any proceeding related to an OSHA inspection."

well they kinda watched him super close and the first little thing he did.. he was fired

im going to make my mom go to a lawyer.. cause so far she got her hip permanently messed up because they put in new flooring and did something screwy and something happened and she ended up getting hurt.. and her shoulder is messed up from the stuff they make her lift and move.. and now the permanent lung damage now.. along with a couple other f'ed up things

I need to get my friend/future roommate to make up his mind and sign a lease with me.

I woke up yesterday to my bitch stepmom yelling at me for some reason about some flowers that i supposedly threw on the ground. She wouldnt shut up so I told her to stop being a bitch and to frack off and stop starting crap every time I'm around.

FML

^Smooth

Went to the store, spent about 200 bucks for supplies for our painters downstairs...and thought I put the reciept in the bag...no reciept now...FML!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived