ecu check

im going to check my ecu tonight, cause the motor was swapped in the car b4 i bought it... i know my ecu should either be a p72 or a chipped p28 right? whats the easiest way to tell exactly which model it is?

im going to check my ecu tonight, cause the motor was swapped in the car b4 i bought it... i know my ecu should either be a p72 or a chipped p28 right? whats the easiest way to tell exactly which model it is?

the ecu have a sticker on the side, xxxx-p72-xxxx or xxxx-p28-xxxxx

ok so the car has a stock p28 in it WTF.... so now i have a few questions

if the car seems to run fine with the p28 in it should i stop driving it short drives?

what kind of problems might i see from running the wrong ECU?

i prefer hondata but it is also kinda pricey, is there a cheap way of getting say hondata s100?

or is there another chip/software that i can get that i can tune the ecu to run like a DOHC should

i plan on re-turboing that car next spring so i will need tuning abilities, i just want to see if there is any "cheaper" way of doing it, like used or something

sorry bout all the questions but these seem to be hard ones to find answers for

Archived