Smoking Engine Part 2

Excavator Nut

90 civic 1.5 It is the wierdest thing the engine smokes on a curve or going up and down a hill, or sitting at stop lite for period of time. Otherwise cruising down the road little smoke is noticed. Has anybody had some simuliar experiences with this happening. My year long exstension for emmissions ends next month. Dont get me wrong this car cost 750.oo it had 145,000 miles now it has 259,000 miles and starts like a charm, runs great and gets good milage. Is this a easy fix, or a worth while fix, or should I head to the dealer for the cash for clunkers deal?

First of all, the clunkers deal ran out of money and your 90 civic doesn't qualify even if they sink more cash into that disaster.

Secondly, you need to identify the source. Where is the smoke originating? tailpipe, grill, around edges of the hood, wheel wells...

First of all, the clunkers deal ran out of money and your 90 civic doesn't qualify even if they sink more cash into that disaster.

Secondly, you need to identify the source. Where is the smoke originating? tailpipe, grill, around edges of the hood, wheel wells...

First, if you follow the news all we need is the senate to comfirm what the house passed, another 2 billion for a program that is putting people back to work and getting junks like mine off the road, probably one the best Govt. programs that helps ordinary folks. Cant say that for this stimlus program.

Second, smoke usally comes from a tail pipe, smoke does blow up a tail pipe!

First, if you follow the news all we need is the senate to comfirm what the house passed, another 2 billion for a program that is putting people back to work and getting junks like mine off the road, probably one the best Govt. programs that helps ordinary folks. Cant say that for this stimlus program.

Second, smoke Usefull comes from a tail pipe, smoke does blow up a tail pipe!

Hey, thats it. Spend another 2 billion on top of record deficit spending to advance more liberal agendas, and needlessly destroy completely useful United States assets. Helps ordinary folks, Ya how does it feel to buy other people new cars?

What is the deal with you people, all I wanted was to see if anyone had a simuliar problem with my car, not to get into a political issue with someone who just wants to argue, or get another number for thier post. If you have any real answers, like worn out rings or valve seals, hit me back. The rest need to go some political forum to vent your views.

Archived