Buy or dont buy the 91 civic?

coraya

i am now driving a 2002 ford focus se with 133,000 miles. its not really me. i prefer manual vs automatic. my car is auto. my mom gave it to me when i got my license when i was 17. i haven't had any major problems with it. but i just dont feel happy with it. but i also dont know if buying a 1991 honda civic flatback is worth it because of the huge year differentials. it has 100,000 miles on it. its selling for $1300. its stick. its leather. although the driver seat has a rip in it. the body paint is light blue which i dont like, but can hopefully get repainted. its 4 speed. and uhmmm.. no dents or scratches. so yea. or i can buy a 2000 audi A4 for $500.00 yes FIVE HUNDRED dollars. and repair the clutch for a thousand. but then again idk cause audis are very expensive to fix later on. ahh any opinions or suggestions or adivce is greatly appreciated thank you so much :)

i am now driving a 2002 ford focus se with 133,000 miles. its not really me. i prefer manual vs automatic. my car is auto. my mom gave it to me when i got my license when i was 17. i haven't had any major problems with it. but i just dont feel happy with it. but i also dont know if buying a 1991 honda civic flatback is worth it because of the huge year differentials. it has 100,000 miles on it. its selling for $1300. its stick. its leather. although the driver seat has a rip in it. the body paint is light blue which i dont like, but can hopefully get repainted. its 4 speed. and uhmmm.. no dents or scratches. so yea. or i can buy a 2000 audi A4 for $500.00 yes FIVE HUNDRED dollars. and repair the clutch for a thousand. but then again idk cause audis are very expensive to fix later on. ahh any opinions or suggestions or adivce is greatly appreciated thank you so much :)

nvm a friend of mine just told me its about 150k miles on the A4. please help. its now or never tomorrow :(

well if its only 500 id say go with the a4. even if youre not happy with it, you could resale it and make money, then go buy the civic.

the thing is that no one knows what other repairs might have to go into the A4. the civic is in like perfect condistion other than that ripped seat. im just afraid of the costs that may go into the A4. its scary. im only 19 llol. but if i were to get the 91. do you think it would be a good idea or just seem plain stupid because i have a 2002 ford focus. (134,000 miles)

well as far as reliability, hondas run forever if they are taken care of. so being 19 and not having a lot of money, the civic is probably the most logical route. but as you said going from a 2002 to a 1991, youre losing 11 years of advancements there, so it wont ride as nice, the interior wont have that feeling that newer cars have. on the plus side, youll probably get good gas mileage and theres thousands of parts out there for it.

the a4 would be really nice to have (i just got an 02) but like you said, it can get expensive. i havent had any problems with mine, knock on wood, but check the car out. if youre looking for information on audis check out audizine.com. its the best audi forum ive found. it has lots and lots and lots of really good informational threads, its very well organized, and the people there know what they are talking about. so post up some questions over there and youll get some answers regarding that car

I say buy the Audi, because it's such a great deal, and clean it up and sell for more :D Then, use the money to buy another Honda that's better than the '91 Civic you have found :)

You can find many other Honda's so don't worry too much about not getting this '91.

I agree with being 19 and going for a reliable car that's also fun: Honda's!! :D

pics of these cars?

The audi is worth nearly $500 in scrap metal value at the junkyard, running or not. That sale is a complete no-brainer if it had 200k miles on it provided it is not wrecked.

The 91 civic has vinyl seats, not leather. $1300 for the 91 if there is minimal or no rust is a fair price.

Archived