HF Random Throught Thread

BrIaN EG2

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i might be picking up a 79 mustang notchback, only 2 dents on drivers door and one spot of rust the size of a quarter. its got a 4cyl and a auto, but ive got a truck with a 302 that could go in :D. car only had 37,000 miles too lol, still has the factory plastic on the floorboards.

so if i get his my dads 89 si hatch will be up for sale :D

....or maybe i could use that windsor 351...........................

^try to get a c4

alot of mustang owners prefer the c4 over the c6.. i think they are lighter (dont hold me to that) along with a couple other better things.. but you cant beat 100 bucks lol... i have a built 302 with a brand new c4 and a 8.8 rearend in my truck.. ill try to get a vid of it for you.. pretty easier to build also.. summit racing can be your best friend.. parts overnight or in two days and not bad prices for 302 stuff

if you dont have the money to spend 1200 on gt40x heads get some gt40p's off a explorer in a junkyard and get new springs retainers and a roller rocker kit from summit and take it to a shop and get them ported.. be just as good if not better

ditch those piece heads that came on the fox bodys.. and go to carb.. weiend stealth intakes are wonderful on 302's

^try to get a c4

alot of mustang owners prefer the c4 over the c6.. i think they are lighter (dont hold me to that) along with a couple other better things.. but you cant beat 100 bucks lol... i have a built 302 with a brand new c4 and a 8.8 rearend in my truck.. ill try to get a vid of it for you.. pretty easier to build also.. summit racing can be your best friend.. parts overnight or in two days and not bad prices for 302 stuff

if you dont have the money to spend 1200 on gt40x heads get some gt40p's off a explorer in a junkyard and get new springs retainers and a roller rocker kit from summit and take it to a shop and get them ported.. be just as good if not better

ditch those piece heads that came on the fox bodys.. and go to carb.. weiend stealth intakes are wonderful on 302's

eh ive not decided what route to take yet, i really need to keep the car consistently running cause it will be a DD for all times of the year lol.

i figure a 5.0 fuel injected with a tranny(i like a stick but have heard great things about the C6 despite its heavy weight).

8.8 rear, 3.73 gears

gt40P heads(have them ported later).

car already has flowmaster exhaust so it sounds mean as hell and flows beautifully

bigger brakes and rear disk conversion(would like to get ahold of a set of SVT or Cobra brakes)

drop it 1.5" all the way around

eagle crank and connecting rods

E303 or X303 cam(just depends on if the X303 will fit or not)

the list just goes on lol

if this fails i would like to grab a 347 or a 5.4L four valve :devil:

Edit:

oh and i can get a C4 for $50 lol. $25 if i feel like putting it together. my buddys dad owns a 1450hp '91 Lx and is ditching 3 or 4 trannies and a 5.0 motor from an '86 GT

oh and i can get a C4 for $50 lol. $25 if i feel like putting it together. my buddys dad owns a 1450hp '91 Lx and is ditching 3 or 4 trannies and a 5.0 motor from an '86 GT

i went with 3.73's also.. didnt want to run out of gear or have too long of gears

ill try to get a video of the truck cranked up for you.. i have about what you want except my bottom end is built already.. its open header so its loud as hell but sounds so good

c4 = do it

Do NOT waste your money on GT40 heads. Go with Trick Flow heads if you're going budget wise, if you have money then go with AFR heads. As for E or X303 cams..waste o' money. Go elsewhere.

And if you're wanting to stroke, go 331. You won't be disappointed. DART blocks all the way.

And FFS, go with dumped exhaust. You'll be so happy you did.

You can do a mild port job on stock 5.0 heads and get damn near the equivalent of GT40 heads. They're disappointing. 302's aren't renowned for making big numbers..gotta' spend money to make them impressive. Unless of course they're going into a featherweight car..

*giddy!!*

I just bought Chris' tie for the wedding. It's so awesome. hehe! He's been desperate for it and everyone told him he couldn't wear it because it would "lower the tone" and that it was "inappropriate" for a wedding, so he resigned himself to wearing just a plain navy tie instead. I'm going to give it to him the morning of the wedding. I can't wait to see his reaction!! (It'll be navy w/ a silver screen)

http://cyberoptix.com/exlibris.php

i went with 3.73's also.. didnt want to run out of gear or have too long of gears

ill try to get a video of the truck cranked up for you.. i have about what you want except my bottom end is built already.. its open header so its loud as hell but sounds so good

c4 = do it

eh i prefer 5 sp lol. yeah 4.10's are mainly for strip use, too short

Do NOT waste your money on GT40 heads. Go with Trick Flow heads if you're going budget wise, if you have money then go with AFR heads. As for E or X303 cams..waste o' money. Go elsewhere.

And if you're wanting to stroke, go 331. You won't be disappointed. DART blocks all the way.

And FFS, go with dumped exhaust. You'll be so happy you did.

ive seen gt40 heads on a 800 hp N/A combo at national trail raceway in ohio

i said gt40 because they can picked up a lot cheaper

i try to not assume everyone has between 1k-2k to spend on cylinder heads

yep dont have that much dough lol

You can do a mild port job on stock 5.0 heads and get damn near the equivalent of GT40 heads. They're disappointing. 302's aren't renowned for making big numbers..gotta' spend money to make them impressive. Unless of course they're going into a featherweight car..

im only looking for ~410 hp with a tune, its easily obtainable too. its going in a 92 fox body, they aren't terribly heavy, not as light as my honda but not as heavy as a truck

fox bodies are ugly but can be made light as hell.. too bad it needs subframed before it can do much lol

302's can put out decent power for what they are.. i've seen a lot put out decent numbers with just head/cam swap

tune=gay.. go carb

and it really depends WHAT stock heads your porting.. some just suck balls IMO

I have an extra set of my '69 302.. casting number is D00E i think

well my buddy does subframe work, he did the work on his 86 gt himself. i am trying to avoid a carburetor setup because i will drive this during winter, and from what i hear they can be hard to start in cold(dont have a garage yet). for the first year it will probably stay stock aside from a new head. after school is over money will be poured into it :D. if i can find a pic ill show you a fox body from here in chillicothe, including the driver the car weighs 2200 lbs lol, still has carpet too

eh i prefer 5 sp lol. yeah 4.10's are mainly for strip use, too short

ive seen gt40 heads on a 800 hp N/A combo at national trail raceway in ohio

yep dont have that much dough lol

im only looking for ~410 hp with a tune, its easily obtainable too. its going in a 92 fox body, they aren't terribly heavy, not as light as my honda but not as heavy as a truck

Are you doing this on a run of the mill older 302 or in one found in an actual 5.0L Mustang? The 5.0HO blocks aren't particularly fond of 400+ crank. Not saying it won't last forever, but they are generally known crack even with a girdle when they reach around 450 at the crank. Common knowledge. Old 302's are quite a bit tougher though, especially those found in trucks.

Are you doing this on a run of the mill older 302 or in one found in an actual 5.0L Mustang? The 5.0HO blocks aren't particularly fond of 400+ crank. Not saying it won't last forever, but they are generally known crack even with a girdle when they reach around 450 at the crank. Common knowledge. Old 302's are quite a bit tougher though, especially those found in trucks.

its an older 302 lol, its out of our F100 Custom truck. i think its from 78 or something like that, ill have to find the title. but i already know about the 5.0 ho's. but i look at it as this, get a set of headers, cylinder heads, new carb, and probably a c4 tranny. a TK500 is way to much for just an everyday build

I just need to find a small hole.........

myla and myra are the two best women a man could have and they NEVER say no LMAO! :laugh:

bye bye 5 series.... hello 1.16i hatchback :happy:

myla and myra are the two best women a man could have and they NEVER say no LMAO! :laugh:

bye bye 5 series.... hello 1.16i hatchback :happy:

you gotta watch those twins brian, they will give you carpel tunnel.

what u mean bye bye 5 series? 1.16i hatch??

you lost me there...

so hows it going in germany?

lol yeah they might :laugh:

bye bye 5 series... the 5.25D is gone...

hello 1.16i.. i am now driving around in a 09 1.16i bmw hatchback, its fun but SLOW! lol

Archived