I curbed my car for the first time

stabbish

I understeered around a corner and my brakes locked up and I hit the curb with my front left wheel.

I was going around 20-30kmh and it kind of bent my steel rim and bent in my hubcap.

Here's the damage done,

2zeez34.jpg

Edit: Image shack isn't working either @.@

How bad is the damage? What kind of things should I do? How urgently do I need to repair the steel rim?

Edit2: I'm an idiot I just saw the tyre section, if this can be moved to that.

Edited by stabbish

umm... fail again

i just upload my pictures to my myspace then rightclick, properties, copy link, post here and TAH DAH! :thumbsup:

EDIT:: now it works, lol

that didnt look like it felt too good >_<

where do you live?

Edited by BrIaN EG2

well the reason i asked where you live is because i have a set of stock 13inch steelies that im trying to sell for $100 with new tires.. but i wouldnt ride on a bent wheel for long.. you can look around, im sure someone is selling stock wheels somewhere.. i dont know if they have it for new zealand but id check craigslist or ebay :thumbsup:

A single steel wheel for replacement should run under $50 USD even from a salvage yard. I am pretty sure I paid $40 a set for my last steel wheels that had no tires.

If your steering wheel isn't shaking back and forth whilst driving, you don't have much to worry about. And if your tire isn't leaking, don't take a hammer to it. I've seen steelies for sale locally for $5 each. Just get another one if it's messed up. If your steering wheel is jacked, you may have fouled up a tie-rod end. Not too expensive either. No worries. But you will need an alignment.

Edited by alex37211

I tested it again, I was going around 110km/h and the steering wheel started vibrating left and right. It wasn't jerking or anything it only vibrated when I accelerated. The car stayed straight when I let go of the wheel albeit still off center. This is just my alignment right.

i wouldnt take it past 110kmh then, if it starts shaking.. just baby it around until you get a new wheel but get one asap, and id reuse the tire thats on the bent wheel :thumbsup:

Edited by BrIaN EG2

Eh, doesn't look too bad. You might be able to take it to a tire shop, and have them bend it back with something called a "dogbone." I work at a tire shop here, and have used that tool many a time, on wheels with much worse damage... Try that, and good luck!