Salutations!

niblick

Thanks man! It's not an STi, though. It's only a WRX. But I've got a VF39, turbo out of an STi, so I felt the badge was legit...

umm... linas a girl :laugh:

now.. a 240 that is in my future probably says something else.. you can tell me how the taillights look when i finish it.. kay? kay

:p

believe that when i see it.. because by then ill more than likely have the GSR built and boosted..

ok so..... what is the DIY I/C Sprayer.... and how do you make it? and welcome!!!

Haha, apologies, I'm used to Subaru forums.

It's a do it yourself intercooler sprayer. Ghetto as all hell, but gets the job done. It's a device that sprays water on the intercooler, thereby cooling the intake charge. Rather than buying the actual STi I/C sprayer reservior, and all the "correct" tubing, wiring and switch which would cost in excess of $150, I simply bought a windshield washer reservior out of a mid-90's Saab w/the pump (junkyards, how I love thee), about 15' of tubing, and, with a couple washer nozzles I had lying around installed it without any problems in only a half hour. Decided to take out the A/C while I was doing that. But that's a different story for a different day. Grand total... $13.00.

And thank you for the friendly welcome!

oh. I guess use for the track then. this is not on all the time is it? so do you just put ice and water in the reservior and and turn it on when you are ready to race?

and I LOVE DIYs!!!

Not all the time, no. I wired up a button, so it only sprays when I push it. I don't usually put ice in it. The water tends to stay pretty cool. Though I want to figure out a way to surround the reservior with dry ice...

There wouldn't be ridiculous amounts of dry ice, it would just be at the bottom quarter of the reservoir. Hell, if it ended up freezing too fast, I could always throw windshield washer fluid in it...

Archived