Yikes! Another chick!

HondaLuv

welcome to the forum.

thats your view on it but everyone has their own.. you have the same view as all the other honda owners at the tracks around here with bseries running high 13s(if their lucky) or slower :thumbsup:

(everynow and then you MIGHT see a faster one)

:p

well his view is a fact. you cant do i/h/e on a D and have it be faster than a B with i/h/e.

just do an LS or b20 in it for now, then if you decide you want it faster you can put a GSR or b16 head on it and it will be way faster.

^+1 on B>D (both with I/H/E)

Absolutely,

but it also costs significantly more money to buy a B, install the swap and install I/H/E then what it costs to buy a D and drop it directly in and do I/H/E

^hahaha

i find it stupid to spend so much on 160 hp when i can spend the same amount and get 250 hp and a turbo

and not to mention there are plenty of d's that put down incrediable power with about as much as you would spend on swapping in a stock b

all depends if you want to hop the b series band wagon or do something different

now...

abc one two three

Absolutely,

but it also costs significantly more money to buy a B, install the swap and install I/H/E then what it costs to buy a D and drop it directly in and do I/H/E

my b serise instal was freee.. jsut do it yourselg :thumbsup:

my b serise instal was freee.. jsut do it yourselg :thumbsup:

So your harness was free? Your axles were free? Your motor mounts were free? Your transmission was free? Your linkages were free? Your ECU was free? And even though your block has the numbers shaved off your motor was still more expensive then any d swap.

What I am talking about is this: d16zc, dohc non-vtec, (or the sohc for a little more due to vtec wiring and ecu required) I can buy the motor and transmission as a low mileage import for $800 with a guarantee (or no trans for $600). My stock axles, harness, linkages and original ecu will all work correctly without need to buy anything else.

a zc swap is quicker and easier but much less power, but would leave you with $1000-$1500 in your pocket to put into other items.

So your harness was free? Your axles were free? Your motor mounts were free? Your transmission was free? Your linkages were free? Your ECU was free? And even though your block has the numbers shaved off your motor was still more expensive then any d swap.

What I am talking about is this: d16zc, dohc non-vtec, (or the sohc for a little more due to vtec wiring and ecu required) I can buy the motor and transmission as a low mileage import for $800 with a guarantee (or no trans for $600). My stock axles, harness, linkages and original ecu will all work correctly without need to buy anything else.

a zc swap is quicker and easier but much less power, but would leave you with $1000-$1500 in your pocket to put into other items.

actually you can get a sohc vtec d16zc for 750 shipped with a warranty and low miles.. thats on the high side too :D (hoped that help make your point lol)

and you can get a good turbo kit for next to nothing

internals and stuff are not too bad also if you wanted to go all motor or build bottom end for turbo

there was a dseries with not much of a build putting down like 500 i think on turbod

actually you can get a sohc vtec d16zc for 750 shipped with a warranty and low miles.. thats on the high side too :D (hoped that help make your point lol)

I did, but the sohc may run you more in the end since you will need to obtain a vtec capable ecu if your car did not already have a vtec equipped motor.

I found a place local to me, cincinnati, where I can get a sohc zc motor and trans picked up for $700 or a dohc motor and trans for $800. Knock off $200 for either if you do not need a trans.

If it wasn't for the pending familiy addition that little zc would already be nestled under my hood for a nice little commuter sedan.

^hahaha

i find it stupid to spend so much on 160 hp when i can spend the same amount and get 250 hp and a turbo

my b sereies swap cost $2180 (including all parts bought for swap) and i sold my D series for $400.. so in all actuality i spent $1780 on a gsr swap with ITR header, skunk 2 cams, stage 2 clutch, headerback exhuast, and a SRI with a HKS filter..

i said my b series installation was free... didnt see where i said my parts were free? huh

Archived