Help me, I don't know audio

A friend of mine's truck is going the junkyard soon, and he said if I could pull the subs out of it I could have it. I have a 98 accord LX and I was wondering if there is any way to hook up that system to the stock radio/cd player. I know very little about audio so I'm not even sure if this is a dumb question. The radio that is in the truck is much smaller than what is in my car, and thus I don't think it will fit. Thanks for any help, and I'm sorry if these are stupid questions.

Ok I got the sub, radio, and amp out of the truck very clean. Now my question is, does my stock stereo have rca output to the amp? Can I use my stock stereo or will I have to use the aftermarket one in the truck. The problem with the truck stereo is I will have to buy different pioneer to honda adapters I believe because I don't think the chevy harness will attach to my honda one. Any help is appreciated.

Ok I got the sub, radio, and amp out of the truck very clean. Now my question is, does my stock stereo have rca output to the amp? Can I use my stock stereo or will I have to use the aftermarket one in the truck. The problem with the truck stereo is I will have to buy different pioneer to honda adapters I believe because I don't think the chevy harness will attach to my honda one. Any help is appreciated.

im a little confused by your post. lets try to sort this out.

First off, you can hook the amp and sub to your stock sereo. You just need a line output converter to accomplish this. .

for example: http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Soundgate-SOUN...utput-Converter

Now, as far as the radio that you pulled out of the truck. Is it a stock Chevy radio? Or is it an aftermarket radio???

If its stock, dont even attempt to use it.

If its aftermarket, you just need to buy a wiring harness for your honda and swap it out with the one that is currently on it.

the stereo out of the truck is an aftermarket pioneer stereo, but it does not appear to be big enough to fit where my stock stereo currently is. I will probably look into a line output converter for my stock stereo, I just wanted to make sure there was no rca out from of my stock stereo before I tear my dash apart again

the stereo out of the truck is an aftermarket pioneer stereo, but it does not appear to be big enough to fit where my stock stereo currently is. I will probably look into a line output converter for my stock stereo, I just wanted to make sure there was no rca out from of my stock stereo before I tear my dash apart again

The radio out of the truck will fit into your Honda, you just need a radio installation kit. they are usually like 15-25.00

can someone tell me where t find one of these kits? I am having trouble searching because im not entirely sure what im looking for

Indash kits look SIMILAR to this. Yours may look slightly different than the one in this picture b/c different cars have different fitment (There will be kits made for your car. it says say on the bag or you can ask a worker at best buy, tweeter, car toys, or any place that sells car radios).

The picture in the bottom right corner is a complete picture of what it should look like once the radio is inside the radio kit. The main part of the picture is the radio kit itself. See the big black empty slot? thats where you can store CDs. the "see-through" slot above that cd housing area is where you will place your radio.

fm-k538_presspack.jpg

Here is another picture of a radio in dash kit:

dash%20kits.JPG

Archived