Infrared Pictures of Turbo!!!!!

Here is the Gallery:

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu16/Je...?albumview=grid

Note the Center Section of the Turbo..... it is ALOT cooler than I was told it would be. I plan on water Cooling it and will take more IR picture then. I am very instreted to see the tempature difference.

Any questions... just ask here.

I meant if you are looking at 1 section only, like your turbo, then you should keep walls around so that what you are showing is more accurate. It just seems to me that the engine bay is too small and surrounding heat affects the section you look at each time...

Just my opinion...I'm an engineer and I can get geeky :p lol

well if I am looking at the turbo it is the hottest thing under the hood so it is not affected by anything else. but that is why I wanted to do this study. I want to find out what the turbo is heating up and how to fix it. I am also going to be insulating my turbo so I will have more pictures up soon after I am all done with it.

lower the overall temp under the hood. my down pipe is really close to my alternator so I wanted to see how hot it really gets. I also wanted to see the temp difference between the compressor side and the turbine side. and just to say "I have done a heat study on my car.... have you?

• 2 weeks later...

ok so today I took new pictures of the turbo. She is water cooled and their is tempature difference. not a massive one, but the center temp droped 100°!!! Everything else appears unchanged. My expections of the watercooling was right on, but not that much of a drop. I have been impressed with how the car's cooling system appeared unafected by this new addition. My coolent temp has never risen above 170° even in traffic.

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu16/Je...?albumview=grid

any questions let me know.

Archived