help w/ info on my b18c

remo1x

i have a 94 honda civic dx body with a 96 b18c DOHC VTEC engine. the engine has approximately 85xxx miles on it. it has an LS transmission with a stage 4 clutch. it has been bored out, aftermarket fuel rail and pressure gauge, cold air intake, intake manifold, exhaust system, and computer. the car has been lowered close to three inches with some aluminum suspension parts. about a week ago a piece of the piston sleeve broke off, fell down into the oil pan and got sucked up into the oil pump. this shard of metal broke a gear in the oil pump and threw off the first bearing.. given the damage done to the engine what would be a rough estimate on what i could sell the car off for to someone looking at it?

i have a 94 honda civic dx body with a 96 b18c DOHC VTEC engine. the engine has approximately 85xxx miles on it. it has an LS transmission with a stage 4 clutch. it has been bored out, aftermarket fuel rail and pressure gauge, cold air intake, intake manifold, exhaust system, and computer. the car has been lowered close to three inches with some aluminum suspension parts. about a week ago a piece of the piston sleeve broke off, fell down into the oil pan and got sucked up into the oil pump. this shard of metal broke a gear in the oil pump and threw off the first bearing.. given the damage done to the engine what would be a rough estimate on what i could sell the car off for to someone looking at it?

wow thats prty fracked up to do to some 1 if you ask me

gl with trien to sell that hunk of junk. for 1 most ppl want to listen to the car b4 they buy it at least thats what i do 1st, some ppl want a compresion test, in your case your fracked if they do, and when they want to listen to the car there going to find out how crap that motor is real quick, kuz your oil pressure is going to drop real fast and then it blows up and then your stuck with a blowin motor.

but hey thats just me idk about how these other guys do things on here but with a motor like that and with thoughs parts on it im prty sure theyll just replace the motor and reuse the parts (IN YOUR CASE THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO). in my opinion

was actually lookin to sell to a mechanic who already knows the situation and what is wrong with it, im not tryin to screw anyone like that, im not a dork... i bought the car not knowing much about hondas and tuners and never got into the whole sceen... was just curious on any rough estimate so im not gettin screwed in the deal

Well you could get $300-$350 for the head, about the same for the LS trans, and maybe a grand for the shell if it's clean. You paid too much to begin with. You could do this, or replace the block and try to get what you paid. But $2500 is a bit more realistic for that car.

• 3 weeks later...

thats what happend to me thay put a heavy oil in it so it would sound good i paid 1300 for what i thought was a nice 91 civic it made it one month. and it blew-up needless to say trying to find and pay for a new engine . not fun!!! so i would say fix it or tell who ever buys it about what happend to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived