Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread

why not just do what i did with my ps2. get the camping stand, raise it 6" off the ground, and put a laptop fan underneath it(i rigged up a real fan under it that blew a whole lot harder). keeps it cool and is quiet

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why not just do what i did with my ps2. get the camping stand, raise it 6" off the ground, and put a laptop fan underneath it(i rigged up a real fan under it that blew a whole lot harder). keeps it cool and is quiet

did something like that once with a box fan, never had problems then

Nah man just buy a xbox 360 man, the ps3 is good for two things, playing old ps1/ps2 games, and bluray, and maybe the browser...but 360 is your best gaming console by far...plus you get the same games for ps3 except kill zone, little big planet, god of war....but who cares about those lol

imo ps3 is better. plus its free to play online and as far as best gaming system how so? xbox is so dumb they use junk washers and over tighten there heat sinks which causes them to overheat and display a red ring of death. and just for the record im not trying to start an arguement here

oh i almost forgot you obviously havent played god of war cause it is tits

imo ps3 is better. plus its free to play online and as far as best gaming system how so? xbox is so dumb they use junk washers and over tighten there heat sinks which causes them to overheat and display a red ring of death. and just for the record im not trying to start an arguement here

oh i almost forgot you obviously havent played god of war cause it is tits

LoL, i've had one RROD since my original, the main cause is not the fact that xbox supposedly overtightens screws and what not, its the fact that everyone doesnt put it in a well ventilated area, some may actual have mechanical problems but those are slim when it comes to the RROD and its a e74 issue.

I have a ps3, a wii, and a 360, my nintendo wii see's more time than the PS3, the servers are crap in ps3 (when I've played on them-its been awhile), the point of playing online is to play with a community of people that interact...well no one even talks in half the servers, and if they do their mic's sound like complete trash and they are either one too loud or two static prone...im not sure if you notice but blue tooth mics pic up the slightest sounds...except the jawbone which cancels out sound.

I've played God of War, not a big fan of the game, it plays just like Devil May Cry..its ok, but its not a game that will keep the Ps3 fanboys stick with Ps3, if anything Final Fantasy had me sticking with PS3 and the Metal Gear, as well as the SF & Tekken series, but they all have gone toward 360 now, so about 90% of my games are 360, 5% wii and 5% PS3, PS3 is losing its luster to me, and personally, I like the PSP better than the PS3, the only thing keeping me from not getting rid of it is the fact i use it for music storage and file storage as well as bluray and play all my psone games on lol

anyone else think that blue ray is too detailed? for example i was watching pirates of the carribean and since it was so clear i could tell all the lighting was fake. it looked like an armature film. that little bit of detail lost in dvd form hid the defects. i do, however, think it looks great for cgi movies, but that's obvious.

yeah i guess for stuff like planet earth and other documentaries it would look epic since you want those to feel as real as possible, but with movies you can tell they weren't really meant to be seen with that much detail in the wrong areas.

yeah i guess for stuff like planet earth and other documentaries it would look epic since you want those to feel as real as possible, but with movies you can tell they weren't really meant to be seen with that much detail in the wrong areas.

I've never had a problem watching Blu-Rays, including the Pirates trilogy (which were among the first BDs I purchased).

Everyone has their own preference when it comes to the consoles. I wasted money buying my ex a 360 a while back. It was always kept out in the open, so you couldn't get any more well-ventilated unless it was suspended in the air. Of course, it got the RRoD. Everyone I know who has or has had a 360 has had the RRoD at least once. The controllers are bulky and uncomfortable as well.

I use my PS3 mostly for Blu-Ray and the media server to watch movies streamed from my computer. I prefer playing games on the PS3 than the Wii, but I haven't had much time to play anything more than a few tracks on GH in months, thus why the PS3 is mostly a movie-machine at the moment.

im going to have to agree with ashley.. the 360 controllers are too big, and i have GINORMOUS hands.. i think the PS3 controller is more comfortable if it wasnt why is it when you see a controller for a PC its the same design as the PS3 controller? huh

PS3 to me is far more fun of a system, 360 isnt up to par with the PS3 IMHO.. and the graphics are ALOT better on PS3, we compared on my 52" HD sony at the house with MW2 and a few other games.. and everyone said the PS3 looked a ton better..

id still play my 360 if it was working but my disc drive went out and i even replaced it and it still didnt work.. microsoft FAIL, thats $450 down the sh!tter, now i have to buy a new one.. so itll be a long while before i get another one.. and the only games ill play on there is halo3, halo odst, FM2, and FM3.. my PS3 on the other hand i have 18 games for and play them all because sony just OWNS!

oh and i gave my Wii to my parents

Brian it all really depends on the TV to make the system look better, I have a 55" Sharp Aquos in my living room and a 32" Samsung in my bedroom, the picture on the aqous makes any of my systems look great, but the 360 looks ridiculously good, i watched the intro to MW2 on both my ps3 and 360, the 360 looked slightly better because it was more crisp, but like i said it could just be the TV aspect

its freaking unbelieveable how many people camp and use the dual models in the game......those shotguns have WAYYYYYYy to much range, you can snipe someone across the map with dual models, thats how gay it is....but yea the camping is hardcore in this one because alot of people want they're "killstreaks"

I just got the little Price "Mario" emblem, that bish was pretty hard to get, get a 10 kill streak and dont use any kill streaks....anyway im going to shoot for more tonight, i want to unlock them all....just like pokemon...gotta catchem all! haha lol

• 1 month later...

So I finally got this game!!! I was good enough to not get it last semester because I knew I needed to do well in all my classes (got a 55/300 on my heat transfer final...which turned out to be a C so i'm happy with that). Holy crap is this game awesome. The graphics are ridiculous.

The Rio scene was pretty awesome especially since I was just in Brasil so that was pretty cool. Haven't played online yet but i'll start once I finish the single player.

oh and ps3>xbox :D

Well I have a copy for both PS3 and Xbox, and it seems like the people that play it on ps3 are scrubs lol, but yea more competition on Xbox, but I play a few matches with my little bro to show him the ropes then I head back to my xbox ^_^

Just a few things on 360 vs PS3 since im bored and trying to kill some time here at work.

#1 Graphics - Historically games look better on the 360. Its a lot easier for vendors to develop games for this system due to Sony going wayyyyyyy left on their XMB OS. Not only that, but a 360 has a more powerful GPU, where as Sony, has the faster CPU. Still, most of the bigger titles look very similar although the textures on 360 usually come out a bit ahead.

#2 RROD - yes, 360 is tainted with the RROD, and with a 33% failure rate, thats why I ended up buying my PS3. But!!! The PS3 is not without problems people. It gets the YLOD, and whats really messed up is that Sony will charge your ass 150.00 (not including shipping). At least with MS, you can just call them and they will ship you a box and take care of the issue. I have had to break apart my 60gb PS3 and reflow it as recently as 2 weeks ago. So far, its holding up. . but i dont know how long I can expect it to keep working before I have to do the process all over again.

#3 Online - Yea, you have to pay for XBOX Live, but its still far more superior to Sony Online. In every way.

#4 Controllers - For me personally, the PS3 controller is easier to use. . but lets face it, PS3 controllers are pieces of crap. Seriously, I have 9 controllers sitting at my house and 3 of them work without any issues. They are cheaply built, and if it wasnt for the blue tooth and lithium batteries they would be completely useless. XBOX controllers are awkward to me, but they feel alot more durable. They still have trouble with the analog sticks breaking as well, but not nearly as bad as the PS3.

#5 Exclusive Game Titles - If your one of those people that are still buying consoles based on exclusive titles, then your life as a game sucks. If you are one of these people then you are basically saying. .

Gears Of War and Halo is the reason I purchased my 360. . oh that, and because I dont have a PC to play these on

or

I bought my PS3 for Little Big Planet, God Of War 3, or Im still holding my breathe for GT

In all reality, virtually every other big game is made across both platforms.

Anywho. . for me personally, Im still partial to PS3 despite all its downfalls this generation, but I think when its all said and done, vendors will figure out the hardware/software, Sony gets their online issues straightened out, and Blue Rays are actually worth buying. . then the PS3 will pay off.

But I still keep my 360 because it makes for a great media server in my bedroom and for some titles that will not be available on PS3. And I have my PC to play first person shooters (except for COD-MW2 because they dropped the ball on PC) and MMO, RTS games WHERE THEY SHOULD BE PLAYED AT :)

Any idea what that 'special' edition of COD:MW2 - Im not talking about the ones with the extra in-pack goodies. I thought I had seen it for sale at Best Buy and it was selling for the regular price. If anyone's bought it Im interested to know if it includes extra maps like a 'game of the year' edition would.

Just a few things on 360 vs PS3 since im bored and trying to kill some time here at work.

#1 Graphics - Historically games look better on the 360. Its a lot easier for vendors to develop games for this system due to Sony going wayyyyyyy left on their XMB OS. Not only that, but a 360 has a more powerful GPU, where as Sony, has the faster CPU. Still, most of the bigger titles look very similar although the textures on 360 usually come out a bit ahead.

#2 RROD - yes, 360 is tainted with the RROD, and with a 33% failure rate, thats why I ended up buying my PS3. But!!! The PS3 is not without problems people. It gets the YLOD, and whats really messed up is that Sony will charge your ass 150.00 (not including shipping). At least with MS, you can just call them and they will ship you a box and take care of the issue. I have had to break apart my 60gb PS3 and reflow it as recently as 2 weeks ago. So far, its holding up. . but i dont know how long I can expect it to keep working before I have to do the process all over again.

#3 Online - Yea, you have to pay for XBOX Live, but its still far more superior to Sony Online. In every way.

#4 Controllers - For me personally, the PS3 controller is easier to use. . but lets face it, PS3 controllers are pieces of crap. Seriously, I have 9 controllers sitting at my house and 3 of them work without any issues. They are cheaply built, and if it wasnt for the blue tooth and lithium batteries they would be completely useless. XBOX controllers are awkward to me, but they feel alot more durable. They still have trouble with the analog sticks breaking as well, but not nearly as bad as the PS3.

#5 Exclusive Game Titles - If your one of those people that are still buying consoles based on exclusive titles, then your life as a game sucks. If you are one of these people then you are basically saying. .

Gears Of War and Halo is the reason I purchased my 360. . oh that, and because I dont have a PC to play these on

or

I bought my PS3 for Little Big Planet, God Of War 3, or Im still holding my breathe for GT

In all reality, virtually every other big game is made across both platforms.

Anywho. . for me personally, Im still partial to PS3 despite all its downfalls this generation, but I think when its all said and done, vendors will figure out the hardware/software, Sony gets their online issues straightened out, and Blue Rays are actually worth buying. . then the PS3 will pay off.

But I still keep my 360 because it makes for a great media server in my bedroom and for some titles that will not be available on PS3. And I have my PC to play first person shooters (except for COD-MW2 because they dropped the ball on PC) and MMO, RTS games WHERE THEY SHOULD BE PLAYED AT :)

Nah the PS3 is better than the xbox in every single way.

This game sucks cause to many people going round using all the glitches. Cheating is a kids game and they need to grow up and play the game for real. You all know what i am talking bout. First the model 1887 glitch where you run round akimbo and shot someone halfway across the map and kill them, the care package knife glitch where you run around holding it and you can knife someone from 30 feet away literally, the claymore glitch where you can jump over someones claymore and survive, the care package glitch where you have infinite care packages.

Then there is the mods where you can see cold blooded people on the radar, and where you can hear there footsteps even with ninja pro on. Next is where they have more life in last stand and final stand, killing people in one shot and killing someone in one shot with a smg across the map. Infinite life in every game. The private match mod where you get sent to someones private match while they have all there buddies there and there are unstoppable.

Ya i thought this game was awesome at first cause of no mods but now its getting annoying.

Archived