Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go back to me saying they haven't made a good FPS game in a long time. Sorry but new perks still doesn't interest me. It's the same exact game still, but now you get to control a bullet from an AC-130 or w/e that gunship is called. I'm more interested in H3 ODST because halo is a better game than CoD. Simple as that. If i want to play tactical warfare i'll stick to counterstrike.

I just looked at those killstreak videos. Sorry to say it's still call of duty and i've played it since the first one came out years ago. It's an old game and it hasn't even come out yet. Nothing has really changed that makes or breaks the game apart from the other ones, other than the era.

well you certainly know a lot about the game, you mustve played the new one that hasnt come out yet a lot

LoLLERZ

You two are gheyin up this thread pretty badly. Stick to your halo you nerds.

True Story

All right to all the haters and you know who you are, the game isnt for you guys, just stick with what you like. I obviously agree with the other 7 million that bought the game and liked it. A game with realism? Its a video game what do you expect, when realism is asked by the consumer it doesnt mean, hey mr. game developer make a game that once i get shot in the arm im dead....people want a game that is clean and utilizes the next gen capabilites. Yes we've had this arguement time and time again...you like halo, i like Modern Warfare...by the way its no longer affiliated with the "Call of Duty" series, its officially they're own game now. Yes the same devlopers from the first one, but since they made it so big they have their own Franchise.

Like I said I played Halo ODST....seems like there are no updates for this game either, nothing special, your shields are weaker, and overall the game play is exactly the same. Just don't see this game being too successful. Me personally im a Fighter & RPG guy, FPS are ok, just not my preference, and the only one that I ended up likeing is COD4. Rainbow six black arrow was fun, and halo 1 was ok...but these new FPS these days seem to be catering to new gamers and re-inventing the series by making it easier for scrubs to pick up a game and play...thats why i stick to fighters, a scrub can pick up a game and continuously get owned because no matter how hard they try they will still suck at the game...you get what im saying...just they make games so anyone can play and not for the hardcore fanboys/fangirls

I'm not trying to crap on the COD or MW franchises. They're clearly great games.

I just don't think they're revolutionary in any way besides graphics. Maybe I'm wrong...

I like Halo, but I'm not gonna keep buying them if it's essentially the same thing over and over. Same for Rainbow 6. Same for sports games I get....

Anyways, I'm kinda hoping I am wrong about MW2, because I know ALL my friends will be playing it regardless.

my opinion hasn't changed. And yes, i've poured a lot of hours into modern warfare, and by the looks of it. It looks like a carbon copy... just prettier and even easier.

Thats fine, and yes your right, the game is basically a tweaked carbon copy, basically they put COD4 as a platform to work off of. But you cant tell me that new guns, perks, or customizations with the new guns arent cool. Im sure you were hyphee when halo introduced the sword and some other weapons, but overall same platform.

These two guys here ^= Ghey

LoL Tubs man wish you had a 360 I wouldnt mind playing a few rounds with ya lol

*Side note* I might be buying a 2nd xbox just for the hell of it...it looks bad a55

new guns? i really only played hardcore. every single gun pretty much = the same. The m4 does just as much damage as the m16, the m16 as the g3, and so on and so forth. just different rates of fire. The different guns really don't excite me. I never used anything outside of the presets.. because... well.. that's all you really need. the game is still bland to me. The game really is just too easy.

new guns? i really only played hardcore. every single gun pretty much = the same. The m4 does just as much damage as the m16, the m16 as the g3, and so on and so forth. just different rates of fire. The different guns really don't excite me. I never used anything outside of the presets.. because... well.. that's all you really need. the game is still bland to me. The game really is just too easy.

There's your mistake right there. Hardcore's a handicap for people who can't shoot straight. One shot and your dead from almost any gun. Using different combinations of perks and add-ons make a huge difference in gameplay. For instance, sometimes I have to go from a UAV jammer class with a silenced MP5 and dead silence or a M16 with stopping power and bandolier. With hardcore guns and perks don't change the gameplay nearly as much.

I know I didn't change your mind, just wanted to point out that hardcore sucks :D

I can still kill someone from 200 yards away with an mp5 just as well with any other gun in non HC. Even more so with the P90 because it has a bigger magazine. Lethal with an M60? I hope so. You can just about shoot forever. You only have the advantage because of how many rounds you can fire compared to other classes

Actually yes since you play hardcore any gun really kills anyone pretty much instantaneously. Although where your wrong there are new guns that have different power lets say your almighty mp5 is just as strong as a M16 up close, but long range no the fire spreads, the M16 shoots three round burst that go Straight if anything its slightly off by a degree but a MP5 200 yards away does scatter due to the recoil, although if you have a silencer the gun does shoot a little straighter, but if anything has the best accuracy thats an smg its the skorpion, due to the fact that its the smallest SMG and you dont have to worry about zooming in because you can just run around and just shoot and kill everything in your path

I just started to play hardcore because it teaches me to take my time/ somewhat camp...and no im not saying i need to learn, im saying because i play with a clan of guys that do Gamebattles tournaments and sh*t like that

There's your mistake right there. Hardcore's a handicap for people who can't shoot straight. One shot and your dead from almost any gun. Using different combinations of perks and add-ons make a huge difference in gameplay. For instance, sometimes I have to go from a UAV jammer class with a silenced MP5 and dead silence or a M16 with stopping power and bandolier. With hardcore guns and perks don't change the gameplay nearly as much.

I know I didn't change your mind, just wanted to point out that hardcore sucks :D

correct if you play regular and no hardcore, the perks really do matter

• 1 month later...

My buddy downloaded it last night, and well lets just say the last kill streak you can get in the game requires 25 and ='s gay. Oh yeah there is dual weapons in the final version, and pretty much after 3 kill streak there is something you can get up till 25

Archived