200 accord v6 transmission

kyleb4u

hey, i need help on figuring out if i have had the transmision replaced in the car that i bought. it's a 2000 honda accord v6 auto, and it was very well taken care of. i have almost 170K miles on it. and the transmission hasn't failed me yet, so i was wondering, how can i tell if the transmission was replaced before warranty was up, because of recall. or did i just get one of the ones that was built RIGHT. lol

you buy it at a dealership? if so get a carfax

or you can crawl under and pull the pan and see if the filter is dirty, also if your fluid is brown its time to change the filter and fluid, if you take the pan off make sure you get a new gasket and filter and new fluid....

or you can w8 another 30k and see wtf happens if nothing happens and you have you fluids and all that up to date i believe you have a solid a/t

you buy it at a dealership? if so get a carfax

or you can crawl under and pull the pan and see if the filter is dirty, also if your fluid is brown its time to change the filter and fluid, if you take the pan off make sure you get a new gasket and filter and new fluid....

or you can w8 another 30k and see wtf happens if nothing happens and you have you fluids and all that up to date i believe you have a solid a/t

they don't have a a/t filter dude. plus i change the fluid every 15k miles. it's never slipped once, maybe went into red-line once. lol or a few times. wet pavements is very slick lol. i was just wondering if anyone every had a transmission fail due to not being built properly after this milage. if mine goes, i'm sure it's my fault, cause it's smooth as silk right now.

they don't have a a/t filter dude.

ERM?? are you on crack every a/t has a filter. m/t(standards) dont have a filter bkuz there packed full and on top of a nice blended fluid so dont go and tell me theres no such thing as a filter for a a/t. my 88 prelude s has a filter and its auto, my 81 dodge has a filter and its auto, our 98 rodeo has a filter and its auto, so every auto trans ive seen thats an auto has had a replacement filter for it....

anyways if your crap is silky smooth at thoughs miles even if you do redline a couple of times youll be fine its when you stay at red and your trans isnt built 4 that kind of torture is when your not ok, so in my opinion your trans is fine.

Archived