Another new guy

groovitudedude

Alright, so my name is Gabriel and I'll be turning 17 in less than a month. My family has two Hondas. One of my aunts gave us a '96 Accord Ex (automatic), which my brother drives. The other one is an '02 Honda Civic Si hatchback that my other aunt gave us. Yeah, it's the yellow one. I was scared to death learning to drive a stick, but I got the hang of it, and now I can drive it perfectly (well, I wouldn't go that far, but as perfectly as a 17 year old can drive). We also have three other cars, an '84 BMW (manual), a '67 Volkswagen bug (manual), and a '95 Toyota Previa (automatic).

I've had my license since December 30th of 2008, so I can legally drive other people on 12/30/09. The law in California is you have to have your license for a year, or wait till your 18 before you can drive people. And since it's in the "introduce yourself" section, I have a girlfriend whose birthday is tomorrow haha

Since the car is yellow, not too many people take it seriously when they see it. I named my Civic Lafawnduh the Honda :D

welcome to HF. i know the color your talkin about EURO YELLOW. when i worked at the dealership it was nicknamed urine yellow. sorry aint bashin the car just thought it was funny. but sound like a great first car n that is a rare color where i live n that engine has a lotta potential. hope u have fun here check out the "have u ever" thread now thats some funny s#%t. post some pics too, as soon as u can.

Welcome to the site! get some pics up of the cars! and I had to have a lol at 'terrified at driving stick". Thats the only way to drive mate! I like the sound of that law you said about, sounds like a real good idea. Gotta be a bitch I can imagine for yourself, but I guess it saves quite a few people getting hurt by young ones!

... and now you know the reason why I didn't bother getting my license when I was in England. I put my boyfriends Corsa in the ditch 3 times while he was trying to teach me how to drive a manual & nearly crashed my mum's Ka into one of the lamp posts at asda. After that, I decided to just stick with an automatic. haha. Then again, I'm also the kid that didn't even get my learners permit/license till I was 19 because I was terrified of driving.

anyhoo newbie- hello there! welcome to the forums. :)

in all fairness, he had the brilliant idea of taking me out on a country road that I didn't know very well late at night instead of somewhere open & well lit. haha. i didn't do too terribly with the ka- i got sidetracked when another car sorta came out of no where.

Oh dear... Just oh dear.

What I want to know is how you ended up ditching it THREE times. You would have thought the bf would have learnt his lesson after the first time! (sorry for taking over your thread noobage, but this is quite hilarious)

i couldn't see the edge of the road! I had no other lights but the headlights and well... I'm not a multi-tasker for the most part. A cigarette in one hand & changing cd's with the other is as far as multi-tasking goes for me when I'm driving. Don't ask me to use my left foot & right hand to change gears- it's too confusing! lol. as for him... he didn't really care too much. his figuring was that whatever I did to it could be fixed since he was an apprentice at a peugot dealership- he just wanted me to learn so that he didn't have to constantly pick me up. lol

(and yes, I do realize that a corsa is a vauxhall...)

Welcome to the site! get some pics up of the cars! and I had to have a lol at 'terrified at driving stick". Thats the only way to drive mate! I like the sound of that law you said about, sounds like a real good idea. Gotta be a bitch I can imagine for yourself, but I guess it saves quite a few people getting hurt by young ones!

Yeah, I hate driving any other cars now. I tried driving my friend's '09 Dodge Challenger and I put my left foot on the break since I'm so used to the clutch haha... I love my car.

And yeah, I personally think it's worse than having a red car in traffic. This car can sure haul @$$, I went 90 once accidentally and I couldn't even tell.

Welcome to the HondaForumiest place on earth! :thumbsup:

You can call me daddy....or Ryan...whichever you prefer. :happy:

I don't know wheather to be comforted or scared.

I'll try to post pictures of my yellow turd tomorrow haha

Welcome to the HondaForumiest place on earth! :thumbsup:

You can call me daddy....or Ryan...whichever you prefer. :happy:

does that mean i can call you daddy too?

... wait, you're not rich yet. lol. j/k.

FRESH MEAT!

FE FY FO FUM! I SMELL THE BLOOD OF A..... yellow honda? wtf? we have a noob AND he has a yellow honduh? Im sorry man but god must haaaaaaaate you.

you might as well paint two black racing stripes down the middle and call it bumblerice.

Im just kiddin. welcome to the boards kid.

we all can be asshats at times but if you make it through the initiation period which lasts anywhere from 1-9999999999 months youll be fine

if you have any questions, just ask. we also have a nifty little search button so you may find your answers there but dont be afraid to post a thread. :thumbup:

bumblerice... i must find a beater and get yellow and black spray paint...

anywhoos welcome!!!!!! i actually think yellow would be nice.. stands out well!!!!!!

oh and allison will ask for noodz.. please be ready to send her some

:p

Archived