Need some help input plz...

I have a 98 prelude. I need to check the the timing belt and valve, but there is one stubborn bolt that will not come out. It will turn to open and that about it. Just won't come out. Seem as if it is strip for the inside. The bolt that i'm talking about is the first one from the header side and by the belt side. If i remember right this is the long one. Not just a nut but a bolt. Need some help, input, advice, whatever you got for me....

Thanks..

its either a really fine threaded bolt that just takes 4ever to come out, or it stripped out on the vry end so its having trouble catching,

have you tried to use a flathead screwdriver and try prying on it while your trying to unscrew the bolt? that might do the trick, other than that i dont no what else there could be

(IIIIFFFFFFF!!!) it is stripped out and you cant rethread a new bolt in, your going to have to drill out the hole EVER SO SLIGHTLY bigger and rethread it vry carefully then you go buy a heli-coil to match the thread that you just retapped it to and to fit the bolt threads (you can pick the coils and tap at your local autozone or w/e store you have where you live)...

just make sure when you go to redrill the hole, make sure your drilling str8 and not all crooked and wa not(VERY IMPORTANT YOU MAKE SURE YOU DRILL STR8)

Archived