is there a way to find out if last owner replaced waterpump/belt

zoltron30

i was advised by honda to replace my timing belt/water pump but when i check the timing belt it still looks in rather good condition. my car is at 99000km and its a 01 honda accord. is their a way to find out if the last owner replaced the timing belt and the water pump by my vin number? im wondering if the previous owner had them replaced in 2008. i wasnt able to find the previous service records as i bought the car used from nissan.

any help would be great, thanks!!!

If you do not get a satisfactory answer get the belt and pump replaced else your car will die a fiery death.....the outcome might not be so much fiery, but definitely death.

Hey

Thats a tricky question.I dont know but i can suggest u that as u r in Canada and if u r planning to replace the parts of ur vehicle there r many sites which provide free shipping and the prices r not too high.As u r unable to discover whether the parts should be replaced or not i will suggest to replace them cheaply.I made recent purchases from www.autopartsway.com ,they r quick.I know couple of other sites too,but i m not sure about their prices.

You can look at the drive belts to see if they are starting to crack or pull the t-belt cover and inspect for small cracks at the base of each tooth. Honda has seemed to engineer their drive belts to generally last for the length ot the t-belt. Generally what we see in the shop is that if the drive belts are cracking then it is time for the t-belt (and that is usuallay between 100k and 110k.

Bottom line you are reaching the service interaval for the t-belt service on that car. Odds are if you recently bought the car the person that was selling it was selling it before the t-belt had to be done. The service interval it 105k. If you bought the car with lower mileage odds are it was not done. I would say Honda is not steering you wrong on this and if I had to bet it has not been done yet.

For that model of accord the service interval for the timing belt was 80k i thought. 01 was the last year for that motor and chassis. the years after that the interval went up to 100 or 105.

• 2 weeks later...
You can look at the drive belts to see if they are starting to crack or pull the t-belt cover and inspect for small cracks at the base of each tooth. Honda has seemed to engineer their drive belts to generally last for the length ot the t-belt. Generally what we see in the shop is that if the drive belts are cracking then it is time for the t-belt (and that is usuallay between 100k and 110k.

Bottom line you are reaching the service interaval for the t-belt service on that car. Odds are if you recently bought the car the person that was selling it was selling it before the t-belt had to be done. The service interval it 105k. If you bought the car with lower mileage odds are it was not done. I would say Honda is not steering you wrong on this and if I had to bet it has not been done yet.

yeah thanks a lot guys for the many responses. honda is giving me 15% off so i'll most likely do it by the end of the month! thanks! i'm sure i can have my mechanic replace the pump and the belt for me though at a lower price. i'll make sure i use oem parts.

Archived