Show car

Triggaman03

ok guys i kno ive asked plenty of ?s and i wish i didnt have to...but i was wondering if anyone here has participated in a car show... if anyone has what are the things the catch the attention and what do they look for in a 1st place car....because i think i want to create a really nice del sol show car...do they go by performance at all or does a nice shiny engine do the trick..like painting the top half of the motor ....and how about the trunk..is that included in judging or however it works.... like a nice trunk set up and things....cuz really i would like to have a show car more then a fast car for now...it seems the cheaper way to go...cuz if i was going to make it a performance car i would want to work it all the way up to turbo....so i was wondering if performance matters or is it just the look ALSO does anyone know a average price on the window tint for the del sol...places around here seem kind of high...the guy that i got the car off said 60$ but idk if this is true

every show has different classes and different things they judge on

show i go to at the beach judges everything from engine bay to exterior to set up to trunk and interior

smaller shows sometimes just judge looks

it really depends on the judges and classes.. best thing for you to do is go to shows around you and look at all the cars and see which ones get the most attention and win

but in the end it isnt about if everyone else likes your car.. its about if YOU like your car

well everyone on here knows im big on showing my car. i have shown in shows as oc car show, hot import nights, battle of the imports, import face off, and so on.

Have taken home crazy amount of trophy and everything. But a show car you have to make your car stand out but be unique. And keep it clean. Building cars takes alot of work but u want to build it clean and not wild to where people get tired of seeing it.

But with car shows. Brand is one of the biggest things and that help you win. Brand and Quality But Quanity also plays a good part in it

IMG_0842.jpg

so is the body kit good for shows? and how good would this paint job do....Lime green..Black rims...black wing...black hood..or carbon fiber hood.... thats all i got so far....or keeping the design on my car and jus making the purple lime green..... idk about decals or anything... but im sure where i go to get it painted they might have some slick ideas.....i really wanna get the outside looking nice before i start on anything...but i wanna go lime green for sure but i want to win shows.... tall hammer does shows go on performance?

okay i know tallhamer is all 'my car is awesome listen to me about shows' but he isnt the only one who goes (no offense tallhamer)

anyway fact remains if you want your car lime green with black and CF accents then do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont worry about if the judges are going to like it because some will and some wont

and ive seen some very nice cars that dont have all name brand stuff on it.. thats just like thinking you can only race your car at the track if your car is super fast.. shows are for everyone to enjoy and so is the track

you probably wont win best at nopi or best a HIN because people have a lot of money in those cars.. and unless you plan on not driving yours and trailoring it everyone it wont be perfect.. hell even if you do it probably wont be

so dont let anyone turn you off of doing something to your car because its not a great namebrand or a judge wont like it.. do what you want

ive been going to shows for a long time now and you always see something different from crazy as frack to as simple as possible

best thing for you to do is go to shows yourself and learn yourself and get some of your own ideas

okay i know tallhamer is all 'my car is awesome listen to me about shows' but he isnt the only one who goes (no offense tallhamer)

anyway fact remains if you want your car lime green with black and CF accents then do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont worry about if the judges are going to like it because some will and some wont

and ive seen some very nice cars that dont have all name brand stuff on it.. thats just like thinking you can only race your car at the track if your car is super fast.. shows are for everyone to enjoy and so is the track

you probably wont win best at nopi or best a HIN because people have a lot of money in those cars.. and unless you plan on not driving yours and trailoring it everyone it wont be perfect.. hell even if you do it probably wont be

so dont let anyone turn you off of doing something to your car because its not a great namebrand or a judge wont like it.. do what you want

ive been going to shows for a long time now and you always see something different from crazy as frack to as simple as possible

best thing for you to do is go to shows yourself and learn yourself and get some of your own ideas

Yah no biggy. I actually dont find my car anything special lol.

^which yours in very clean

main thing wrong with mine is it has some rock chips from it being a DD.. you'll get them too sadly :(

luckily mine is white so its harder to tell lol my bf's z gets rock chips and its SOO obvious

^which yours in very clean

main thing wrong with mine is it has some rock chips from it being a DD.. you'll get them too sadly :(

luckily mine is white so its harder to tell lol my bf's z gets rock chips and its SOO obvious

Mine is DD as welll

do u guys have window tint on ur cars and if so how much was it

nah tint ruins a clean look i think.. not to mention its illegal and a first offense so u can get pulled over for tint just like if you were speeding.

nah tint ruins a clean look i think.. not to mention its illegal and a first offense so u can get pulled over for tint just like if you were speeding.

well its not illegal everywhere, depends on the state. here in arizona you can tint the front windows

im in ohio u can tint front windows and a cop told me that back windows can be pretty dark...all cops are different tho ... i just want a little tint on the front window not to dark but the back i want like as dark as i can get it

check your state laws

i have friends that know how to do it and said if i got the tint a spray bottle and the couple other things i need they would do it for free for me.. check around shops and stuff.. most places will do it from 60-120.. sometimes you get what you pay for though so be careful

there are people around here that have spraypainted the inside of their back window and not got pulled over lol cops can be slack here