junk yard

Triggaman03

i know u guys are pissed towards me...but i dont race..2x and thats it....but would getting a engine out of a si or vtec del sol at a junk yard be a good idea? and does anyone know how much that could run up to and if its worth it or to just go to the websites u guys have stated before? and the mini me....if i were to do that...would i have a true vtec or would it just look like it...cuz im not sure what vtec is or does but ive hear plenty people say when they hit vtec blah blah...is it just the top part of the motor? or in order to get the full effect do i have to have the whole engine

i know u guys are pissed towards me...but i dont race..2x and thats it....but would getting a engine out of a si or vtec del sol at a junk yard be a good idea? and does anyone know how much that could run up to and if its worth it or to just go to the websites u guys have stated before? and the mini me....if i were to do that...would i have a true vtec or would it just look like it...cuz im not sure what vtec is or does but ive hear plenty people say when they hit vtec blah blah...is it just the top part of the motor? or in order to get the full effect do i have to have the whole engine

its all in the head, if your head has vtec then you will. but you must have the vtec wired up. if your going to get an si motor or sol motor get the d16z6(it what i got) best D series motor in my opinion, responds incredibly well to FI and decently to bolt ons. look in the Engine Specifications Threads. theres a ton of info in there. when you hit vtec all it really does is adjust the camshaft(im probably wrong on this). there is a thread for this too, and you can find it on youtube. you gotta make some effort to search for your information. its all out there, just look for it

does anyone kno the horsepower difference between the vtec and just the plain motor that i have ....i get different numbers

vtec doesnt really add power. it mainly just adjusts the cam timing yatta yatta. its like a mini turbo after 4000 ish rpm. what motor do you have now?

good luck finding a VTEC motor in a junkyard, they get gobbled up pretty quick. but if you do, it can be a good deal, but also risky because you dont know the history of it.

as for your other questions, they have all been covered several times on here, so using the search feature would be useful to you. also if you have noticed, at the top of each section there are stickied items, which are basically frequently asked questions. check those out as well

just drop an ls motor, you dont need vtec, i used to smoke Si with my teg just with a few bolt-ons, besides theres plenty of b18s in the junkyard, and if you have money go ls/vtec. and keep it low profile, dont brag about your motor unless you want it jacked.

i will see u my d-series motor..... For the right offer i want a b18:)

Heck, if he wants a powerful D-series motor and doesn't care about gas mileage, he can buy me a Z6 and have my D16A...

That's assuming a Z6 with under 85k miles on it can be found. I don't want too big a jump in engine mileage.

thanks for the help guys ive just always thought that vtec was the way to go in a honda...and i believe i havfe a b16 in my car..not sure..not even sure what that is....ive always thought engines were classified by like 1.5L so when u guys ask that...thats what im thinkin lol...

oh and since i have the economical del sol....is there really anything i can do to the engine i have to get me to run a good time on a track or would that just cost more or even blow up my car...like lets say i just build it up to being as fast as a b18 or the other engines u guys talk about if its possible...would that cost more then just buying one u guys tell me to buy

ok to tell what engine you have just look to the left of the headers, there should be a small flat spot on the block. it will most likely start with a D seeing as its a Sol. Is the motor SOHC or DOHC?

pic not required. he has a d15b7 unless it is previously swapped. for the inexperienced guy that would be a 1.5L non-vtec sohc setup you have in there. you should be pushing about 105hp give or take a few for old carbon buildup.

dropping the d16z6, trans and installing the corresponding ecu will provide you with a better geared transmission for acceleration, and 1.6L of sohc pure vtec fury pumping out a mind boggling 130hp.

The change does not seem significant but will actually provided a pretty decent jump in performance and feel for relatively little money.

pic not required. he has a d15b7 unless it is previously swapped. for the inexperienced guy that would be a 1.5L non-vtec sohc setup you have in there. you should be pushing about 105hp give or take a few for old carbon buildup.

dropping the d16z6, trans and installing the corresponding ecu will provide you with a better geared transmission for acceleration, and 1.6L of sohc pure vtec fury pumping out a mind boggling 130hp.

The change does not seem significant but will actually provided a pretty decent jump in performance and feel for relatively little money.

if he can find an si tranny, they are very hard to come across anymore unless its from hmotors or somewhere else like that. my z6 is pretty zippy, 125hp my guess. it will be a noticeable change but not a drastic change