H22 swap problem

frostedflake

I just put an H22 into my 96 civic dx coupe and I am having some problems with it. I got it running and took it straight to a muffler to have an exhaust run on it. So I get it back and it wont rev above 3500 rpm and its showing a CEL 4. I looked up the code and its a crank position sensor code but my motor is the jdm h22a with the ecu. The motor is an obd1 and the car is obd2, I did not re wire the dizzy myself, instead I got the password jdm jumper harness. I just changed the tdc sensor inside the dizzy to see if that fixed it and it didnt. any suggestions?? :help:

Thanks for the help man, but yes I do have the H22 ecu. I found out the problem, there was a wire in the wrong place on the jumper harness that I bought from password. They had the crank position sensor negative in the wrong place, I swapped the wire around and it runs flawless. Thanks for the help.

Archived