Couple of Questions

Ketnity151

ok i read a few other threads, and i have 2 questions that were brought up but kinda looked over that pertain to my situation... 1st: someone said if you leave your car sittin for a while, dont leave the e-brake on, why is that, cuz i have had mine set for about 3 months now... 2nd: there was kinda a debate goin on as adding fuel stabilizer to your gas when you leave it sittin, but my tank was on empty when i left it sittin, but someone said then the tank could rust on the inside above the fuel level.. so whats the deal on that? what do i need to do dealin with these?

If you leave the parking brake on for an extended period, it could freeze in that position. If it does all you need do is release it and pound the back of the rear wheels with a BFH. If you're going to leave your car sitting for more than 3 months with gas in it, best to get a stabilizer or the fuel will turn to varnish. You don't really want that blowing through your motor.

ok ebrake aint no problem then, and the fuel gauge was on Empty, so wasnt much left in the tank.. just dump whats left in the tank then, i guess? whats the truth about the inside of the gas tank rusting though?

you dont need to worry about it. my dad has the first car he ever bought in our garage, 1957 Chevy Bel-Air, drives it a few times a year, no rust in the gas tank. my brother has a 87 Rx-7, drove it about 8 months out of the year in highschool, then has been sitting in the garage for about 3 years now. my sol i drove 8 months out of the year in high school, now i'm in college i drive it maybe a few weeks out of the year. all of these cars we store with less than a 1/4 of gas and fuel stabilizer in it, no problems there. also, never had any problems with the gas tanks rusting on the inside.

its also good if you start the car and drive it back and forth a few times and let it sit for about 10 minutes

my car sat for over a year while getting body work done to it and i started it up the day it was done and drove it right home lol

fuel stabelizer is good for small engines like 4 wheelers and dirt bikes or anything carb injected really

my car sat for over a year while getting body work done to it and i started it up the day it was done and drove it right home lol

fuel stabelizer is good for small engines like 4 wheelers and dirt bikes or anything carb injected really

small engines like a honda 1.5L

My Talon blew a crapload of varnish through my exhaust, and clogged up my EGR. So yes, if the fuel is going to sit for a while, better safe than sorry.

its also good if you start the car and drive it back and forth a few times and let it sit for about 10 minutes

thats kinda hard when youve got no wheels on the car, its sittin up on jackstands, has no head on the motor, the oil pans off, no main bearing cap and no pistons.. lol... but ill keep that in mind ;-)

Archived