want to know what motor i can bolt onto my auto tranny

nicks98civicdx

I have a 98 civic dx with the d16y7 with auto tranny and she has 177K miles. im just wondering if their is any other d or better yet a b series that would bolt up to my stock auto tranny. I also dont have air conditioning cuz dx's are just stupid that way and i was wonderin how much money i would be looking to spend to put it in my car with whatever engine i may be able to drop into my car! please let me know anything yall may know to help me with my problems! thanks

your d series will not work with a b series.. but anything other than a automatic d16y5 HX motor with the CVT.

d16y8 would be nice.

shop would charge about 1-2000 dollars.

That helps me kinda know what my cheaper options would be! I like manuals but all in all i just feel more comfortable with auto trany with my type of driving around where i live and work other wise i would love to swap it over from auto to manual in a flash. do you or anyone else know if theirs a b series with auto tranny that would bolt up to my 98 civic dx setup? I really like the b series and if i could make a DOHC work in my car i would be in love with my car all over again!!! The only thing my car can beat all night is an 87 feiro with the v6 but thats only if were doin a rollin start cuz takeoffs my car is a joke! :( IF yall have anymore info please let me know ASAP cuz my car is startin a new problem that seems like a vacuum leak but its not consistan so im not sure whats gana happen here in the near future

b18b2 LS motor&trans from a 94-2001 integra LS would be nice.

agreed or even nicer lsvtec

is this a direct drop in or is their like motor and tranny mount issues and a few other things???

all depends on what style motor and trans you get but the general idea is if you do a motor swap yes there might be a little fabrication work, for example i have a stock 360 in my dodge and i want to put a 440bb, im going to have to change my setup for the mounts a bit

but if you swap from a d motor to a b motor i do believe your going to have to move the mounts around but im not %100 sure on that.

Archived