should i buy a Del sol

lacc05

im about to go to college and wanted a small car. i plan to swap the engine and put a b20..i dnt like the CRX and too many people have integras

every one tells me that the del sol is a girl car and that they are ugly..should i buy one?? or are there other great little hondas that might be bettter?

im also on a bit of a budget so a car that would cost around 3,000

thanks, Eric

if a honda is well taken care of and has regular maintnance done they can last for many thousand miles. xeryon and i both had 95 civic sedans, his is over 200k and mine is goin on 190k miles. im sure theres plenty of other pple that can comment to how reliable a honda is. point is as long as its been taken care of by the po any honda should be good

Sol's probably the way to go if you want a little car, but don't want a civic, CRX, or integra. It's the only convertible I've seen that actually has a decent sized trunk, it handles wonderfully, and it's fairly comfortable to drive over long distances. The guy I bought my Sol from actually drove from Virginia to Harrisburg with all of his stuff in the trunk and passenger seat, including a fish tank. It's probably the only 2-seat roadster that has some modicum of practicality.

As for the bad, you can only take 1 passenger... In most cases. I've had 2 girls in the passenger seat on occasion... Anyway, people seem to have trouble seeing Del Sol's, they're favorite targets of people with blind spots, Red-light runners, and blondes in Subarus... As well as siblings in SUV's.

The big thing is to find one that's been reasonably well cared for. Make sure to go over everything before you buy it. Some people think they're ugly, some people think they're girls cars... They're entitled to their opinions. All it comes down to is whether or not you like it. :sleep2:

Edited by Orca89

Sol's probably the way to go if you want a little car, but don't want a civic, CRX, or integra. It's the only convertible I've seen that actually has a decent sized trunk, it handles wonderfully, and it's fairly comfortable to drive over long distances. The guy I bought my Sol from actually drove from Virginia to Harrisburg with all of his stuff in the trunk and passenger seat, including a fish tank. It's probably the only 2-seat roadster that has some modicum of practicality.

As for the bad, you can only take 1 passenger... In most cases. I've had 2 girls in the passenger seat on occasion... Anyway, people seem to have trouble seeing Del Sol's, they're favorite targets of people with blind spots, Red-light runners, and blondes in Subarus... As well as siblings in SUV's.

The big thing is to find one that's been reasonably well cared for. Make sure to go over everything before you buy it. Some people think they're ugly, some people think they're girls cars... They're entitled to their opinions. All it comes down to is whether or not you like it. :sleep2:

i considered trading my 92 hatch for a sol lol. they are nice little cars

psh my nissan has 198k miles on it and i drift erry day

PS: i'll trade you my 240 for your hatch.

All aside, del sols are pretty nice cars. You can't really appreciate one until you're up close to one, or even better- in it.

Edited by Shanebot90

i say just go drive a del sol on a nice warm day and take the targa off.... part of the reason i love my del sol is how it drives... its not something that you see everyday and i personally love how the car looks like from the front when your standing right in front of it.

haha u dnt like the b20?? k then what other engine do u know of that has more power :)

i dont prefer b series because they are over done and the ones i have seen are still slow so i dont see the point in spending the money

but on the other hand since everyone does them there is a lot of info on how to do the swap

dude the del sol is not a roadster lol. a miata is a roadster, a roadster is a 2 door sport cars that is rwd. lol

not to mention we all know what a del sol really is its a coupe haha

A roadster, also known as a spyder or spider, is a two-seat car, traditionally without either a roof, side or rear windows.

The dictionary's on my side.