where to start

Triggaman03

ok guys now that i got the hood squared away i wanna make plans to make my car faster.... had my first race against 2 civic SIs and a 4 door civic that was built up and ready for turbo...i beat the 4 door and got spanked by the 2 SIs but a way race was pretty fun tho for it being my first race and not being the greatest at stick right now i did pretty good..... idk how u guys feel about racing but it is what it is... anyways.... some people told me to just build up my s series motor and not do a swap...so lets say i keep my engine...what should be the first thing i do to gain some speed or horsepower....everything is stock except the cold air intake.....and can i put a performance chip in without doing anything or do i need to do other things...eventually i wanna turbo my car... so thats what i wanna get up to....oh and dual exhaust... someone told me i can lose power by doing that...is this true and what do u guys think bout duals...i kno its prob loud but i like the look....so help me out guys

ok first off there is no such thing as an s series engine. im guessing that you have the s model del sol, which means you have the smallest (most economic engine) that they made for this car. if you actually want some speed for that car, i would ditch that motor and swap in a B series.

a performance chip to your stock motor will not do anything good for the car, it will probably make it run worse. the same thing for the dual exhausts. that little 4 banger does not need a dual exhaust.

so if i were you, i would check out hmotorsonline and preferably i would get a B18 from an integra. they bolt right in and are fairly cheap. your other options are a b16 which came in the VTEC models of the del sol and has about 160hp. the motor you have right now has about 95hp to the wheels so i find it hard to believe that you beat a "built" sedan.

you could do a "mini me" swap which is basically swapping a VTEC head onto your motor, but it really doesnt give you that much.

Swap is probably the way to go if you've got the D15. A 1.5 liter 4-banger is an engine for economy, not so much speed.

As for the dual exhaust, it's probably overkill, but it won't decrease performance. Common myth is that a small amount of backpressure is good. That's just BS. A major plus is that 2 stock sized exhausts will look far better than 3" piping and a huge fart can. IMO, of course. :thumbsup:

Hmmm... I think I'll do a bit of photochoppage...

i meant to say whatever engine is in the s series....and if i was gonna lie about a race i would of said i beat all of them... i did beat the sedan... one kid said its built and ready for turbo...i didnt look under the hood...plus he had a automatic... had my second race today...beat a neon all stock but a cold air and had a body kit..nothing special but for 95 horsepower it does go quick....yea i wanted to put a b18 in but people said its a pain to swap a engine...so lets say i get a b18 where do i start to build that up to where it can be turbo....

a 4 door civic that was built up and ready for turbo

so its low compression.. most of them are slower then stock.. anyways

everyone does b series swaps so you could find plenty of info on them and be like everyone else.. but its easy

i meant to say whatever engine is in the s series....and if i was gonna lie about a race i would of said i beat all of them... i did beat the sedan... one kid said its built and ready for turbo...i didnt look under the hood...plus he had a automatic... had my second race today...beat a neon all stock but a cold air and had a body kit..nothing special but for 95 horsepower it does go quick....yea i wanted to put a b18 in but people said its a pain to swap a engine...so lets say i get a b18 where do i start to build that up to where it can be turbo....

a b18 swap is not hard at all. its a very common swap, all the mounts and everything are made for it, all you gotta do is drop it in and wire your car up for VTEC. check out www.hmotorsonline.com for complete swaps.

if you want to build it for boost, i suggest you start reading here http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=13909

I have a friend with a neon.. he races the saturn in town when we go to the track cause they runs 18s

um who gives a crap that i do street racing? whats it to u its not hurting you am i...dont think so......if i wanted your opinion about street racing i would make a thread...but thanks anyways

um who gives a crap that i do street racing? whats it to u its not hurting you am i...dont think so......if i wanted your opinion about street racing i would make a thread...but thanks anyways

i would stop talking now cause u have dug yourself a hole and i don't think your going to get out of it... you have pissed ppl off now and lost their respect... so good luck getting any advice from them. cause no one here will help you make your car faster to race on the street.

i suggest you learn how to talk to ppl soon or you will never get anywhere in life, except the low part of society that no one gives a crap about. so when someone posts

"Then GTFO you street racing #$%^!!."

they mean it... i think you need to leave

Edited by hiemsnox

You're doing all this racing at the track...right?

OH SH!T HERE IT COMES!!!!!

Then GTFO you street racing #$%^!!.

BOOM HEADSHOT! LOL

nobody here will really give you advice to help your car knowing you are doing that. and youve done pissed off Grandpa so your in a 50' hole with a 10' rope.

plain and simple you shouldnt be doing it, if you want to do it then go ahead. sure everyone gets zippy or goes for a quick speed run on an abandoned road, but from what you say your full out racing. so this leaves two things to be said: 1. you are an idiot and a prick for endangering other peoples lives. 2. you dont have the balls to go to the track and race for fear of getting your a$$ handed to you by a souped-up Daewoo.

you can quote hiemsnox FTMFW.

The authorities, and every legitimate car enthusiast that street racing endangers. Street racers give a bad rap to the rest of us who enjoy tuning cars, and running them at the track. Like I said previously...GTFO.

Come through my town street racing. id love to give a ticket out for that.:)

ok u guys are the ones being idiots...if i had my car fast enough to race at the track i would but why waste my time racing at a track when i dont have a car to be going to a track..... i should just take a buick to the track then....im not going to respect someone who talks #$%^ and i never said im racing down main street either u fracks.... i go to a closed country road where no one drives down at 1 in the morning...so if u wanna judge me then do it i could care less.... but im not going to a track and waste my time...plus theres not a track near me....so get off my nuts about racing....and del solsweetie its not a 1/4 mile or the high way its a 20 roll on a country road and speeds around 100.... if i die whoopie every dies sometime...its not going to effect you....but around here people do it on county roads where no ones at.... so quit talkin #$%$ about it....

and let me guess none of you race anyone when someone revs up to u...i doubt it...i doubt any of u guys go the speed limit so ur endangering lives ya hypocrits....and no i dont race down busy roads..if someone revs up i might a couple times to the next light...but no here we do our a lil car lot and go to a empty road...otherwise i wouldnt street race cuz i dont want a ticket...if u dont wanna help...it dont bother me...its not the end of the world...im not losing money...im not getting a cookie out of it...

You sound like a young punk kid....Grow Up

Bashing on a online forum...

Anyways...

So you going to do more engine mods instead of just a intake or you think a intake is fast enough?