regular oil vs syn oil

rx7turbo287

i have my crx for 5months now, this is my second oil change on the b16a with mobile 1 oil and filter. when i first got it, it have a lot of power, specially when i in vtec, after 2000 miles into i start to notice a little change on power, feel like i'm losing power. specially torque, so i was talking to one of the performance shop here. the owner is also a engine building, i ask if i just re ring them be fine, i told him what i did, and he asked what oil i was running, so he told me just use regular oil and get a factory oil filter. it'll help on my cr, i ask someone else that know honda engine very well too, and i got the same answer. but i'm trying to understand i thought syn oil is better protection oil, but i guess the b16a don't like running syn oil. what u guys think??? what your opinion.

Has more to do with the mileage on the motor. If it's high mileage pure synthetic is too thin. Probably better off running a synthetic blend like Valvoline Durablend. It happens to be one of the best oils for the price out there.

Has more to do with the mileage on the motor. If it's high mileage pure synthetic is too thin. Probably better off running a synthetic blend like Valvoline Durablend. It happens to be one of the best oils for the price out there.

yep. and castrol gtx is really great too. over 200,000 use castrol high mileage :thumbsup:

yep. and castrol gtx is really great too. over 200,000 use castrol high mileage :thumbsup:

I was basing this off of a PDF I had on my old PC. Durablend was tested against pure synthetics like Royal Purple, Eneos, and one European brand that I can't recall. Durablend showed only slightly more wear then RP, and was about 1/2 the price. I wish I could find a copy of that PDF again.

I was basing this off of a PDF I had on my old PC. Durablend was tested against pure synthetics like Royal Purple, Eneos, and one European brand that I can't recall. Durablend showed only slightly more wear then RP, and was about 1/2 the price. I wish I could find a copy of that PDF again.

i think i know what youre talking about, i may have it on a jump drive

Yea I was talking to few ppl today too. If syn oil is too thin but they do flow better. It actually won't be good for me. Thinner oil lower oil

pressure. Since vtec motor rely on oil pressure. And also syn oil claim remove polish. May be that could cost it

I not sure. I gonna do cr test then. I run cr test again aftr Honda filter. Then oil change to gtx and see may be little changes. wHo knows

Archived