HF Random Thought Thread

s_adbell

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Chris went psycho? You're supposed to go psycho lol.

I've had my moments, but that's usually when I get to my wits end with him.. Chris is the ultimate Groomzilla. (don't tell him I said that though). he's fought with me about nearly every part of the wedding. He even went dress shopping with me and made me feel like the dress I wanted was so incredibly ugly that I ended up buying one more like what he wanted & now i don't like it & I'm looking for a second dress to wear during the reception instead. He keeps bitching and whining about the flowers (I'm having dark pink roses. he wants anything but pink, and roses and preferably in silk rather than real) He fought with me about what the cake should look like until I finally backed off and said "fine then. we'll have neither cake- it'll just be plain buttercream with a navy blue satin band around each layer." to which the mothers started fighting with me that the cake was too plain. *rolls eyes* he didn't want a vegetarian option offered in the buffet & thought it was stupid that I'd think of having such a thing but he insisted upon having the prime rib carving station which is an EXTRA $9/person (my immediate response to that was "if you're having prime rib, then I'm having a seafood station AND the vegetarian option.") he's even picked my shoes!! which, I can't walk in btw. But then again, he's also the one who wanted the big wedding with all the trimmings. (even though it's not all that big- I've managed to secure a venue that only fits a maximum of 99 standing & I've limited the guestlist to 100 with the hope that we'll have a 60-80 person turnout) I wanted a field of wild flowers, our immediate family, our 2 best friends, jeans & white button down shirts, sundresses and a bbq dinner- simple with no frills.

we aren't even going to have dinner during the reception. since her dad is the pastor and knows a ton of people, so many of them would get butthurt if we didn't invite them. so we are having a sort of pre-wedding reception with just our families and maid/man of honor a night or two before the wedding day. then the wedding within the nest day or two and we are going to hire a catering company to do ordervs and stuff like that for the real reception. we'll invite pretty much everyone we know, and since her dad is head pastor of the church we'll get that free. we want to save the big money and the fancy stuff for the honeymoon since i think that will be more memorable than the wedding.

see? that was my whole point... I wanted to spend all the money on the honeymoon & have an extravagant honeymoon instead. Even though we're having 2 food stations & a buffet, it's nothing fancy- it's all heavy appetizer/snack stuff. Unfortunately, even just for that much it's costing us close to $5k. I just got a quote back from the florist which is going to be $800 just for flowers for the bridal party, parents & g'parents, and $550 for the cake to feed 120 people (so that it's big enough for us to keep the top layer). The DJ's costing about $2k as well. I still haven't got the photographer sorted either but I'm expecting that to run somewhere between $2-4k. Luckily we're getting the bridal suite at the hotel for free (thanks to FMIL's marriott points) and a friend of mine is buying the beer for the reception & a 30-person limo for us as his gift. We're also getting 5 nights at the Grosvenor House on Park Lane in London for free c/o Marriott points & we're flying business class to/from England on FMIL's frequent flyer miles but it doesn't mean much if we don't have the money to spend while we're there! I mean, I'm sure if we happen to drop into conversation that we're on our honeymoon while we're in the pub someone will buy us a drink since that's how the brits are but what about food? touristy things? taxi's etc? I'm trying to save money and the moment he notices there's anything in the savings acct he spends it! ugh. I just want it all over with already.

damn, i'm glad we've got hookups. my girlfriend and I don't have the patients for long, drawn out ceremonies, so it's short and sweet for us. i really can't justify spending that much money on half a day where we will just be standing around being gawked at.

yeah we want to spend most of our time throughout europe, we're too white to go to a tropical place. and we have a few quirky uncles over there so it'd be cool to visit them.

Definitely enjoying my time with new woman. Don't ever really recall waking up in the morning and just feeling positive about everything. Never really happened till we started to get close. Life is grand.

Lexi, sounds like you and Chris have to pick your stuff and decide each on their own?!

Thomas, that's really cool...it's smart to not waste money on a huge wedding!

Ben!!! I'm soo happy to hear :D yaaaaay!

I've had my moments, but that's usually when I get to my wits end with him.. Chris is the ultimate Groomzilla. (don't tell him I said that though). he's fought with me about nearly every part of the wedding. He even went dress shopping with me and made me feel like the dress I wanted was so incredibly ugly that I ended up buying one more like what he wanted & now i don't like it & I'm looking for a second dress to wear during the reception instead. He keeps bitching and whining about the flowers (I'm having dark pink roses. he wants anything but pink, and roses and preferably in silk rather than real) He fought with me about what the cake should look like until I finally backed off and said "fine then. we'll have neither cake- it'll just be plain buttercream with a navy blue satin band around each layer." to which the mothers started fighting with me that the cake was too plain. *rolls eyes* he didn't want a vegetarian option offered in the buffet & thought it was stupid that I'd think of having such a thing but he insisted upon having the prime rib carving station which is an EXTRA $9/person (my immediate response to that was "if you're having prime rib, then I'm having a seafood station AND the vegetarian option.") he's even picked my shoes!! which, I can't walk in btw. But then again, he's also the one who wanted the big wedding with all the trimmings. (even though it's not all that big- I've managed to secure a venue that only fits a maximum of 99 standing & I've limited the guestlist to 100 with the hope that we'll have a 60-80 person turnout) I wanted a field of wild flowers, our immediate family, our 2 best friends, jeans & white button down shirts, sundresses and a bbq dinner- simple with no frills.

Wow, whos wedding is this? Oh also it seems like he's taking this a bit too far....your the woman your say should over-ride anything he says...there should also be compromise...I dont understand why he's so involved...of all the experiences of weddings... I really cant undestand why he's acting this....Lexi you sure Chris wasnt a woman in his pastlife? lol j/k

see? that was my whole point... I wanted to spend all the money on the honeymoon & have an extravagant honeymoon instead. Even though we're having 2 food stations & a buffet, it's nothing fancy- it's all heavy appetizer/snack stuff. Unfortunately, even just for that much it's costing us close to $5k. I just got a quote back from the florist which is going to be $800 just for flowers for the bridal party, parents & g'parents, and $550 for the cake to feed 120 people (so that it's big enough for us to keep the top layer). The DJ's costing about $2k as well. I still haven't got the photographer sorted either but I'm expecting that to run somewhere between $2-4k. Luckily we're getting the bridal suite at the hotel for free (thanks to FMIL's marriott points) and a friend of mine is buying the beer for the reception & a 30-person limo for us as his gift. We're also getting 5 nights at the Grosvenor House on Park Lane in London for free c/o Marriott points & we're flying business class to/from England on FMIL's frequent flyer miles but it doesn't mean much if we don't have the money to spend while we're there! I mean, I'm sure if we happen to drop into conversation that we're on our honeymoon while we're in the pub someone will buy us a drink since that's how the brits are but what about food? touristy things? taxi's etc? I'm trying to save money and the moment he notices there's anything in the savings acct he spends it! ugh. I just want it all over with already.

You know I could of DJ-ed for you guys for next to nothing and prolly could of rocked everyones socks off ....its ok though...its ok..*wipes the tears*...im good im good...lol j/k

I primarily mix trance/Dance...but I have mixed r&b/ rap/ Hiphop/ freestyle....just put it this way, i can mix anything you throw in front of me lol

Wow, whos wedding is this? Oh also it seems like he's taking this a bit too far....your the woman your say should over-ride anything he says...there should also be compromise...I dont understand why he's so involved...of all the experiences of weddings... I really cant undestand why he's acting this....Lexi you sure Chris wasnt a woman in his pastlife? lol j/k

You know I could of DJ-ed for you guys for next to nothing and prolly could of rocked everyones socks off ....its ok though...its ok..*wipes the tears*...im good im good...lol j/k

lol. I'm pretty certain he was a woman in a past life! he seems to suffer permanent male pms these days! I can't override him & I won't argue with him anymore. He's at the point where he'd argue with his own shadow if it could talk! instead, I'm just doing things, not saying much about them and then telling him once it's too late to change it. Like today for example. I met with a baker this morning & we're definitely going to go with them but he couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to go. So, I told her what I wanted, how I wanted it decorated (so that it'll mirror my dress with a navy sash, bow & brooch) and what flavours we'd like to go with. Told him when I came home that this is the design, we're not changing it but he can alter his layer of the cake if he doesn't like what I picked out (which was marble cake with strawberry mousse filling & strawberries finished off with vanilla buttercream- tasty right!?) but other than that, I've already put the order in. Of course it's wrong... he wants a ganache filling with chocolate cake & strawberry mousse. *rolls eyes* As for everything else... well, he's too damned opinionated for his own good sometimes and takes an interest where he shouldn't.

Aww, Javi! Maybe you could spin a set at the after party for us. lol. Really though, it isn't the DJ himself that's costing so much- he's a friend/drinking buddy of ours so he's doing the music part for cheap. It's all the extras I've added on to the package that's making it expensive (white dancefloor, blue LED uplighting for the walls, custom gobo lighting, extra dancefloor lights).

lol. I'm pretty certain he was a woman in a past life! he seems to suffer permanent male pms these days! I can't override him & I won't argue with him anymore. He's at the point where he'd argue with his own shadow if it could talk! instead, I'm just doing things, not saying much about them and then telling him once it's too late to change it. Like today for example. I met with a baker this morning & we're definitely going to go with them but he couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to go. So, I told her what I wanted, how I wanted it decorated (so that it'll mirror my dress with a navy sash, bow & brooch) and what flavours we'd like to go with. Told him when I came home that this is the design, we're not changing it but he can alter his layer of the cake if he doesn't like what I picked out (which was marble cake with strawberry mousse filling & strawberries finished off with vanilla buttercream- tasty right!?) but other than that, I've already put the order in. Of course it's wrong... he wants a ganache filling with chocolate cake & strawberry mousse. *rolls eyes* As for everything else... well, he's too damned opinionated for his own good sometimes and takes an interest where he shouldn't.

Aww, Javi! Maybe you could spin a set at the after party for us. lol. Really though, it isn't the DJ himself that's costing so much- he's a friend/drinking buddy of ours so he's doing the music part for cheap. It's all the extras I've added on to the package that's making it expensive (white dancefloor, blue LED uplighting for the walls, custom gobo lighting, extra dancefloor lights).

damn sounds like he needs to take it easy for a minute. I know that i get snippy and impatient when i'm stressed about something, when that happens i try to take a few moments to do something that is distracting enough to let me forget about it for a little while, or something that wipes me out so much i can't think straight. like i'll go to the gym or go for a spirited drive or play some video games, just something to take my mind off things.

Archived