Car Part Identification

zunelander

Hello, all. I am trying to get a part on my car replaced, but I don't know the name of the part. I could take the car in, which I plan to, but I'd like to look up prices. That would be easier if I knew the name of the part. So, I'm hoping someone can help me. Now, if you look at a Honda Del Sol by standing directly behind it, you notice the car window in the back. There is a piece of trim directly beneath the back window and above the outline of the trunk. What is this piece or part called? I have included a link that might help. This is not my car, but the pics should still help, hopefully. A close up of the part in question can be seen at the link below. In this photo, the part at the base of the back window looks partially black and silver because the black color is seemingly peeling off. This is the part I want to replace due to the peeling. More than one photo may appear. The photo(s) I'd like you to look at are the 4th and 6th photos that are listed on the left on the web page. There are square shaped pics there and they are the 4th and 6th pics shown on the left of all the other photos. Help if you can. Thanks.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...t%3D18%26um%3D1

I believe you are looking at #11 in the diagram.

Majestic Honda

Methinks you got it right. I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper and/or simpler to tape some things off and re-coat it though...

Hello, all. I am trying to get a part on my car replaced, but I don't know the name of the part. I could take the car in, which I plan to, but I'd like to look up prices. That would be easier if I knew the name of the part. So, I'm hoping someone can help me. Now, if you look at a Honda Del Sol by standing directly behind it, you notice the car window in the back. There is a piece of trim directly beneath the back window and above the outline of the trunk. What is this piece or part called? I have included a link that might help. This is not my car, but the pics should still help, hopefully. A close up of the part in question can be seen at the link below. In this photo, the part at the base of the back window looks partially black and silver because the black color is seemingly peeling off. This is the part I want to replace due to the peeling. More than one photo may appear. The photo(s) I'd like you to look at are the 4th and 6th photos that are listed on the left on the web page. There are square shaped pics there and they are the 4th and 6th pics shown on the left of all the other photos. Help if you can. Thanks.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...t%3D18%26um%3D1

had a 93 with the same problem u can pop that part off n refinish is it aint hard if your good at taken off trim its snapped in just like the door window trim scuff it n paint that thing that is your best bet save your money for a mod

what i have used before (and plan to use with this sol) to refinish that part is truck bed liner.

I kind of figured rhino-lining it would work. :thumbsup:

Replaced mine about 6 months ago. It is #11 on the drawing.

For the 66 bucks it was worth it. I did not try Rhino linning or anything like that.

And it does just pop right off and on.

had a 93 with the same problem u can pop that part off n refinish is it aint hard if your good at taken off trim its snapped in just like the door window trim scuff it n paint that thing that is your best bet save your money for a mod

How exactly did you get it out if it snaps out? Do I have to take anything else off first? I have never worked on my car. Not the type:) I usually have somene else do it. However, if this part can just pop out, I will replace it. Thanks.

Archived