1995 V6 Accord, Whats First?, part,body wise

nickynick

hey, i hav been handed down a v6 Automatis 1995 accord. i love the car. its the "Sherwood Green" i believe. its the green that at night, it looks black, but in the sun, its a real dark green. anyways, i was wondering what i wanted to do with it first? im a high school student, no job. so money is very tight. i can i hav 110 saved right now. but i was scaning online and found this shifter that makes it look like a manual. i thought it was the coolest thing i saw and is probably going to buy it. this is it btw http://www.tasauto.com/Tech/Tips.aspx?install=711972

if u can, can u maby point me in the right direction? i wanted to get maby a muffler because i want to hear the car, not just feel it. i really want a new muffler. this stock dual tip v6 muffler makes NO type of noise. i found a muffler, im just scared to get it because i dont know how i would install it. i dont know where i want to go performance, or styling, but i think im more interested how it looks/sounds for right now.. if u hav any ideas, please let me know thanks!

ps:right now it looks great side profile. it had a V6 bra, and a sunroof wind visor, and chrome wheels.

For looks on my 03 accord. I'm putting in yellow fogs, LEDs inside the car and over the rear license plate. I do like that shift knob change you were looking at, but it might be just to much for me. I don't know, I'm just tossing out some ideas. I'm pretty sure I only spent about $110 also for 3 items, for I would rather spend it on multiple things then save up for one nicer thing. :laugh:

first plan you should do it do a top to bottom detail of the car, check all belts, hoses, fluids, and top off, bleed, flush, change as nessasary, worry about the rice later on down the road.

as far as exhaust, dont think about that too much, worry about how the car handles first, look into upgrading your suspension, tires, etc

the next thing i would concentrate on would be ICE, i mean after all with a nice system who gives a rats ass if you can hear the exhaust, because i can gaurantee you no one else wants to hear it.

For looks on my 03 accord. I'm putting in yellow fogs, LEDs inside the car and over the rear license plate. I do like that shift knob change you were looking at, but it might be just to much for me. I don't know, I'm just tossing out some ideas. I'm pretty sure I only spent about $110 also for 3 items, for I would rather spend it on multiple things then save up for one nicer thing. :laugh:

i was going to do that too, but was worried that there was no place for em, and that i would have a hard time installing them.

first plan you should do it do a top to bottom detail of the car, check all belts, hoses, fluids, and top off, bleed, flush, change as nessasary, worry about the rice later on down the road.

as far as exhaust, dont think about that too much, worry about how the car handles first, look into upgrading your suspension, tires, etc

the next thing i would concentrate on would be ICE, i mean after all with a nice system who gives a rats ass if you can hear the exhaust, because i can gaurantee you no one else wants to hear it.

good stuff man. i wanted to hav it lowered and put wheels and tires on it as well. i just dont know how low, and what size tires.

im going to have to disagree with this statement... if you maintane your car good, like changing the oil every time your scheduled for it or trans oil change you no stuff like that. the only things you rly want to make sure are good is your vacuum lines, radiator hoses, injectors if you have a f/i system, timing belt, plugs and wires(also the distributor), Basicly just worry about how the car runs for the moment. then you worry about the handling, then you worry about performance like exhaust, turbos,cold air, ect... and then you worry about the stereo bullcrap. But thats just me some ppl like to go performance 1st then go handling then go ext/int designs. or perhaps this guy above here likes to attract cops 1st then go with the cars handling then the performance

not trying to be a dickk to ya gogo or anything like that but the stereo doesnt rly have any kind of flare unless your going to do a show setup with the system you no like fiberglass it all into the trunk and crap like that... kuz lets just say you have a couple things goin on with how the motors running but you dont no it... YOU NO WHY U DONT NO IT??? kuz you cant hear the motor running kuz you have this system playing.. so while you have this system playing you could have your motor starting to burn a lil oil then the next thing your head gasket is leaking then your motor starts to tick a little bit from the gasket being blowin, then your motor blows up kuz you couldnt hear the ticking in the motor. kuz you had to have this system instead of worrying about how the car ran and drove 1st...

srsly dude ur way over thinking it^

with a budget of $110, you wont be getting anywhere, not even a stereo. buy some detailing supplies and get the car spotless, then make sure the car is in good running condition.

im going to have to disagree with this statement... if you maintane your car good, like changing the oil every time your scheduled for it or trans oil change you no stuff like that. the only things you rly want to make sure are good is your vacuum lines, radiator hoses, injectors if you have a f/i system, timing belt, plugs and wires(also the distributor), Basicly just worry about how the car runs for the moment. then you worry about the handling, then you worry about performance like exhaust, turbos,cold air, ect... and then you worry about the stereo bullcrap. But thats just me some ppl like to go performance 1st then go handling then go ext/int designs. or perhaps this guy above here likes to attract cops 1st then go with the cars handling then the performance

i agree when i put the suspension n tires on all my civics i was sooooooooo happy i know i paid a lot for my setup but it was well worth it n subwoofers just weigh the car down. i like tein for suspension but thats my prefference n before u buy any parts be sure to ask everyone here if its quality im sure someone out there has heard of it or ran that part. oh yeah thieves (where i live) steals stereos not performance parts watch out for people with sticky fingers

he's not going to be able to get any kind of real sounds system with his budget so i wouldn't sweat that.

lmao he could go buy a pos 12" sub from wal-mart and go make a box for less than $110 HAHAHA.... sound like crap but he could pull it off,

but all in all get the car running good 1st and looking good (agreed with pballers statement above) buy some detailing supplies like wax, sos pads, armoral, stuff like that.

not a whole lot you can do with a $110

i just mainly disagree with the whole stereo nonsense not the detailing and handling and performance, my bad for any misunderstanding

don't use an sos pad on a car.

a good starting point would be to set a day aside to detail the car.

open up the hood, wrap a plastic bag around the distributor, fuze block, and battery. let water gently run down the engine bay. then liberally coat everything in simple green and let it sit for a few minutes. you can scrub stubborn spots on the engine with a toilet brush or dish brush (something kinda small with a long handle and plastic bristles), then gently rinse with water. dry with a towel, then coat everything in a NON SILICONE based plastic trim detailer and wipe off the excess, you engine bay will look like new.

now for the body, get two buckets, one with very soapy water (use plain dish soap since it will gently remove old waxes and stuff) and one with clean water. use one of those fatty soft sponges and wash the car, rinsing the sponge in the bucket of clean water frequently to keep from rubbing dirt into the paint and creating any more swirls/scratches. towel the car dry with microfiber towels.

clay bar the car with a mothers or meguiars clay bar kit. just follow the instructions on the box, its pretty easy and you can feel/see instant results.

hit the car up with meguiars deep crystal car polish (basically a cleaner wax/paint conditioner type of stuff, it helps bring out the color), then a layer of meguiars nxt 2.0.

vacuum the interior, use a spot remover or steam cleaner to clean up the carpets and seats. clean the dash and stuff with you choice of plastic detailer, again NOTHING SILICONE BASED. clean the glass with a 50/50 mix of ammonia and purified water or alcohol and water (same thing as cheap blue windshield washer fluid) and a microfiber.

all this can be done in a day and all the materials can be found at autozone. i'd suggest going to a grocery store and asking if they have any empty frosting buckets to get the 5gallon buckets, and the sponges can be found cheap in the paint section of a hardware store (just remember something big, adsorbent, and soft)

are you joking a sos pad is great for wheels with dirt and $4!7 all over em that a normal sponge or towel wont get off, i dont mean detail the whole car with it of course any monkey with a wrench would no that.

but i do like the idea of using simple green on the engine bay though ill have to try that when i have the time.

sos pads are those steal wool ones with soap in them right? unless it was chrome or stainless i wouldn't use steal wool on it. i have a mother's powerball mini and some wheel polish and that thing is sweet for rims, engine blocks, and valve covers.

and i love that engine detail method i heard about it on another forum. takes me 10 minutes the first time and looks like this when finished.

P1010010.jpg

and that's a 9yr old engine bay that was neglected all those years. only areas that were a little tough were the tops of the runners on the intake mani (since stuff just sits there) and the firewall (hard to reach with all the crap in the way). after doing it once it stays pretty much like that all the time so long as you do a quick coating of simple green (i also found out that $0.99 store knock offs work just as well) rinse with water, and plastic detailer whenever you wash the car.

thats mad ass clean man nice job. now ill have to try that 4sure, kuz my bay is DIRTY, ill prob w8 til i do a motor trans swap though kuz i want to have a prty concrete boosted motor maybe thinking of dropping a b18c in my lude and boosting that or maybe a h22vtec or a lsvtecb18 not rly sure what i want to go with yet

Archived