Interior Windshield glass - Greasy stain - New 2009 Accord Sedan

usopen20

Hey Guys,

I'm posting concerning my dad's Accord Sedan Lx-P 2009 (3,000+miles).

He's had it for about 3 months already, and there has been a come and go issue about a greasy stain inside the windshield glass.

Two weeks into any cleaning, we would see this kind of stain appear, almost spontaneously. When you touch it, its like a very light, transparent grease that is odorless. We are concerned about some kind of equipment defect, but we are not sure. It is kind of far away from the air vents, so its odd how that stain appeared.

Any comments, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I uploaded an image for you guys to see below.

Thanks for your time

http://tinypic.com/r/2rwnh9y/5

note: sorry for nighttime pic. The bright spot, is the reflection of the garage light behind me.

Have not a clue.

First guess would have been release agent from the plastic airducts from the heating/ac system. If that was the case the occurrence should diminish with time.

On the other hand, it is a brand new car. It is under warranty. Why are you not taking it to the dealer or calling them with questions?

Thanks for your advice guys.

I just wanted some kind of possible diagnoses to ease the worries of my dad, who will be visiting the dealer this weekend.

I also hear about squeaky brakes. How big of an issue is this. My god if it was, honda has really done something weird...

All brakes squeak at some point or another. Usually the noise is caused by environmental issues or the pads are worn down through use.

Archived