2009 V6 Accord EX-L - Squeaking Breaks for 10,000 Miles.

bobarrigo@hotmail.com

Dear Honda Forums,

Last summer I purchased a 2009 V6 Accord EX-L, and the front breaks have been squeaking ever since. The car has over 10,000 miles on it, and most of the time when coming to a stop, the front breaks squeak (high pitched). I brought it into the dealer and the guy behind the counter said he has the same exact car and the same exact problem. How common is this? The Honda techs checked out the car, confirmed the squeak, then said they didn't know how to fix it.

What might it be?

I have some experience working on cars (replacing rotors and pads, alternator, struts, CV joints, sway bar links, etc.), so I am willing to try and fix this myself, but I don't know where to start.

You can email me ideas at bobarrigo@hotmail.com if you want.

Thanks for any ideas,

-Bob

You can always go to any Honda authorized service center for warranty. The shop service people are reimbursed from Honda for the service, not the dealership. You can go any place that is authorized, including non-Honda Dealership factory authorized shops if you have one in your area.

Not all service centers are equal, and not all technicians are equal either. Shop around until you find someone you like.

Archived