b18b1 gas mileage

94b18b1honda

ok im kinda new to the honda world but i have a 94 civic 2 door with a b18b1 swap as of now it is n/a but im only getting 12-14 mpg highway and worse around town. it is throwing a check enginelight. i have cleared it once but it comes back instantly and my idle is at about 1100 to 1200. this would lead me to belive that it is the o2 censor which would make sence and the motor is obd1 and noone can scan it where i live any suggestions guys? thanks

Do you know if the swap even has all the matching parts?

Do you have the right ECU? Are you positive the motor is OBD1? Some b1's were OBD2 and would be really messing you up.

yeah i have tried to get it scanned but noone around fort drum will scan it. there is one placebut they want the car for a week to evn be able to look at it because it isnt registered in newyork state. i think im just going to change to 02 sensor and see what happens then. but would an o2 sensor cause the car to ide at like 1100 to 1200 rpms

yeah i have tried to get it scanned but noone around fort drum will scan it. there is one placebut they want the car for a week to evn be able to look at it because it isnt registered in newyork state. i think im just going to change to 02 sensor and see what happens then. but would an o2 sensor cause the car to ide at like 1100 to 1200 rpms

yeah they could do that.

did you check your fuel filter and air filter to make sure they are clean?

ok i i just figured out how to scan my car and it came up with code 3 and thats all which i looked up online and it is the map sensor so hopefully after i get the part to fix that i should be getting better mileage does anyone know what kind of milage i should be looking at to see if the problem is fixed or not

ok i i just figured out how to scan my car and it came up with code 3 and thats all which i looked up online and it is the map sensor so hopefully after i get the part to fix that i should be getting better mileage does anyone know what kind of milage i should be looking at to see if the problem is fixed or not

Your better indicator of whether or not the problem is fixed is that the CEL doesn't come back after replacement.

i kinda figured that but i still figured that i would ask. ha but any idea of what kinda milage i will be looking at once i fix it im hoping for like 25-30 highway

Should be above that as long as you're not cruising at 75+