C92hatchX's Build Thread

C92hatchX

Well as you guys know i got another hatch, ive put alot of moeny and work into it so far LMK what you think

ive already swaped out my b8 for a D16A6 cause my rings were bad and it only cost me 100 bucks, pics will come when i get back from va-kay

performance

5zigan fireball exhaust with 2.5inch piping

DC sports Header

Egay short ram with AEM filter

Exterior

Front lip

CF hood

full amber corners

Interior stock

Suspension Koni yellows

Tein springs

Wheels

13 inch steelies

Honda VX rims

it better last or i kewl you :chair: . jp.

so far looks good man.

you might wanna get smaller piping for your exhaust. i think mpearce said that anything over 2.5 dosent put enough backpressure on the motor. not sure if thats true or not so you might wanna find out and make sure.

whats your future plans??

That exhaust is a turbo exhaust, you're actually costing your car some power. Also, I hate when people refer to eBay parts as egay...especially when they're using them.

im planning on a b swap, my buddy has a b16a2 with a built GSR trans,he said he'll take 800 + a d swap, so thats pretty much it motor wise, ext. i plan on painting it blue, not sure the shade but ill just be using the advanced auto dupli-color paint its like 22 bucks a QT, as far as wheels i want to get rota auto-x wheels black, and an oem cf hood, front, rear bumper, and skirt all cf with a cf duck bill and side marker, gold LCA's, im ordering 1/4s when i get home and bradley is gonna do the work, the only thing for the int. is a cluster with a tach

and rob...how much power am i losing?

im planning on a b swap, my buddy has a b16a2 with a built GSR trans,he said he'll take 800 + a d swap, so thats pretty much it motor wise, ext. i plan on painting it blue, not sure the shade but ill just be using the advanced auto dupli-color paint its like 22 bucks a QT, as far as wheels i want to get rota auto-x wheels black, and an oem cf hood, front, rear bumper, and skirt all cf with a cf duck bill and side marker, gold LCA's, im ordering 1/4s when i get home and bradley is gonna do the work, the only thing for the int. is a cluster with a tach

and rob...how much power am i losing?

It's a D series, they're not exactly powerhouses anyway, probably no more than 5 HP. It's all relative.

so far so good, i gotta get used to driving with it droped lol it gets hard trying to figure out what driveways i have to go in sideways, but what if i just turbo my motor now?, just run like 4-8 psi? for a dd

cool...I like working at going through driveways :D hehe

hm...maybe 4-6 psi? I really don't know if it can handle a lot!

my buddy has a z6 on 8 psi bone stock, i think itll be fine, they arnt that differnt

what should i run on a dd?, im not looking for crazy fast just a little kick

If you're not running 8, then I wouldn't bother. At 4-6 the wastegate would be opening by the time it started to spool.

shoot for around 200whp, its doable without too much boost, assuming you port the head and get a slightly better cam (unless you do a head swap). that's double what you're putting out now, and with a turbo you will have pretty close to 200wtq. in car that weighs a hair over 2300lb, at the most, it'll be pretty peppy.

so if i swap like a y8 head thatll give better compression and more power right?...then throw on like a y8 IM and EM, and y8 tranny im looking at a really good start for boost

so if i swap like a y8 head thatll give better compression and more power right?...then throw on like a y8 IM and EM, and y8 tranny im looking at a really good start for boost

i think a z6 head would be better. even with a z6 head and stock gasket you right above 10:1 cr. a y8 head has even smaller combustion chambers and will have even more compression. it's doable, and should give you better spool times and throttle response, but you'll be limited by knock. honestly you can achieve the same thing with the a6 head, some porting, and a mild cam, and a y8 or z6 mani.

Archived