lowering my del sol

Triggaman03

ok guys newbie needs help...i was wondering how much would it cost (price range) to lower my sol an inch and a half...i planned on getting 16in rims so tell me if an in and a half is too low or i can go lower...i dont want to bottom out i just want it too look good cuz the sides look low but theres alot of space from the tire and the body...also where would i get the supplies to lower the car... ps....dont post back saying lose the body kit and lower it more.. thanks

An inch and a half is a good drop for the Sol. Some will say more, a few like me prefer stock height... but whatever floats your boat. As for how much... Depends on how much you care about the effects lowering it. First off, you want springs that are progressive (At least, I think that's the term... Basically, their strength is exponential. They start out a bit soft but as they compress the get a lot stiffer.) You could probably spend from $150 for crappy springs to over $1k. If you couldn't care less about ride comfort, you could just put blocks to hold the frame up where you want it and use a blowtorch to soften the springs and let them drop. People have actually done that... :crazy: