Good story

SLAW011

Hey. I got a good story 4 yall. but dont call me a dumbass. While driving my car, i put my nice can of monster energy in the "conviently placed" cup holders. My sony stereo just cut out so i replaced the fuse. Everything was good. I then was driving about a week later and i did the same thing.Replaced the fuse again, my display was then dim and it would stay the same and never change. So i pulled off the center consol to make sure there was no bare wires and whatnot. To my amazement, i look and something is in my cig lighter. i see a friggin dime that was shorting out my sterero. So i drove 100 miles to the nearest best buy and after bargaining and arguing with them, i got my sterero replaced. I just posted that to maybe give u a laugh or possibly think less of me. haha

im still confused about what the monster has to do with the story lol

Same.

I agree on the stupidity of the cup holder setup in a sol though.

yeah but what i mean is how does blowing the cig fuse require replacing the entire radio? i mean if you have 2 separate circuits coming off the same power source, and the dime completes one (the cig lighter), how does this ruin something on the other (the radio)? electricity travels on the path of least resistance, so it seems to me like it would skip the radio, jump through the dime, blow the fuse, and everything would just shut off to prevent damage to anything else (point of the fuse).

yeah but what i mean is how does blowing the cig fuse require replacing the entire radio? i mean if you have 2 separate circuits coming off the same power source, and the dime completes one (the cig lighter), how does this ruin something on the other (the radio)? electricity travels on the path of least resistance, so it seems to me like it would skip the radio, jump through the dime, blow the fuse, and everything would just shut off to prevent damage to anything else (point of the fuse).

It probably didn't mess up the stereo, he just went ahead and replaced it.

Archived