94 Accord Transmission

HondaVirgin

So I recently bought a 94 Accord, 5spd manual, for $2300 (yes, I overpaid). Shortly after buying it, I found out from my mechanic who I trust that my transmission bearing is going out, and I'll have to replace the entire transmission. He's a good mechanic, and always helps me out with costs, so I know he'll do the job right and I'll pay a lot less for labor than I would anywhere else.

But I don't know how much that transmission will run me (i know they're expensive), and I'm wondering if it's worth it to replace it or if I should just sell the car. It's got 143K, I just did the brakes, and I've had it for about 2 weeks.

Any input would be appreciated.

If it is the main bearing (nose bearing) it would just remove the transmission and replace the bearing. I think the price of the bearing through Honda is around 50 dollars, the rest is labor. That is what is most commonly done. If there are other issues with the transmission then it may be worth replacing. Call 1-800-buyused next week and ask for a price with shipping. They will tell you the mileage ect. on the car the transmission is out of. Also call around to your local salvage yards. Transmissions are not that much and you are probably looking a a shop charging around 6 to 8 hours to replace.