Was it a good buy?

RyanCarter20

So i may have rolled onto a new car. 92 CRX with a b18a1 swap. I've been doing some reading and it seems there's a good b18a1 and a bad one. Has to do with what year it was made. I read that the b18a1 obd0 that came in the 90 models where not worth the time, but the obd1 or 2 that came in the 92 model were the way to go. Does anyone know the difference? The one I have is out of a 92 and its obd1. I don't know much about the b series, this will be my first, so if someone wants to feel me in on some good spec's or things I could do with it or Whatever! I'd appreciate it. I hoping this car is decently fast, I'm would like to keep up with a buddy of mine that AS OF NOW has a hatch with the b16 swap. soon to be turbo....right now my mind is leaning toward's trying to put a Vtec head on it, but there again....It will be a learning experience! But thats what its all about,right?

So i may have rolled onto a new car. 92 CRX with a b18a1 swap. I've been doing some reading and it seems there's a good b18a1 and a bad one. Has to do with what year it was made. I read that the b18a1 obd0 that came in the 90 models where not worth the time, but the obd1 or 2 that came in the 92 model were the way to go. Does anyone know the difference? The one I have is out of a 92 and its obd1. I don't know much about the b series, this will be my first, so if someone wants to feel me in on some good spec's or things I could do with it or Whatever! I'd appreciate it. I hoping this car is decently fast, I'm would like to keep up with a buddy of mine that AS OF NOW has a hatch with the b16 swap. soon to be turbo....right now my mind is leaning toward's trying to put a Vtec head on it, but there again....It will be a learning experience! But thats what its all about,right?

91 was the last year for crx in united state. for engine, b18a are very strong for turbo comparing other bseries. u can make great power with b18. now for lsvtec, they make great power. but almost everyone i talk to had one blow it up. so u may want to look into it. i think b16 and b18c is very fun to drive. it depends what u want to use it for.

91 was the last year for crx in united state. for engine, b18a are very strong for turbo comparing other bseries. u can make great power with b18. now for lsvtec, they make great power. but almost everyone i talk to had one blow it up. so u may want to look into it. i think b16 and b18c is very fun to drive. it depends what u want to use it for.

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm gonna do to it yet...I'm trading my bike for it. Guy told me he raced a SOHC 1.6 vtec and beat it by 4 cars. And he said it like it was a good thing. So I'm hoping he just can't drive....Do you think the b18a1 will keep up with the b16 vtec?

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm gonna do to it yet...I'm trading my bike for it. Guy told me he raced a SOHC 1.6 vtec and beat it by 4 cars. And he said it like it was a good thing. So I'm hoping he just can't drive....Do you think the b18a1 will keep up with the b16 vtec?

Nope, not without boost or building. This is assuming the exact same cars. If the B18 is in a CRX, and the B16 in a Civic or Integra, then it would be close due to the weight differences of the vehicles. The D16 VTEC has less HP than a stock B18A/B, so it's really not that impressive.

Archived