'08 Accord AC always on!

Greg82

I am currently leasing an 08 accord EX sedan and I have been having an odd problem, so I figure I post on a forum and find out whether or not this is a known issue with the car.

Even when my fan button is turned off, I still feel air coming out of my vents when I drive. Granted, it is not the same strength as when the AC is on, but I can still feel it and the temperature of the air is analogous to my temperature settings.If anyone can advise me on what this might be, I would greatly appreciatte it.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't want that then press the recirculation button. There should only be air moving through the system while driving. Speed dependent some air will make it through the system unless you use the recirculation button, thus the air in the car is not "moving" and air can't be forced through.

If you don't want that then press the recirculation button. There should only be air moving through the system while driving. Speed dependent some air will make it through the system unless you use the recirculation button, thus the air in the car is not "moving" and air can't be forced through.

Not entirely true, there is still a fresh air vent designed to let air move through the car whether or not the venting system is set to recirculate. However, it's on the floor, so you shouldn't *feel* it unless you're wearing shorts.

You are all nearly true. Ever since the late 90's honda has instituted the permanent ac system as a means to keep windows from fogging up. If you car is on, with the ac running or the heater running or everything in the off position your ac will still be operating in an 'idling' state and leisurely circulate air to prevent fogging.

When I bought a brand new civic in 2000 there was even a giant tag hanging out of the AC vent identifying the new AC system setup Honda was using.

I am currently leasing an 08 accord EX sedan and I have been having an odd problem, so I figure I post on a forum and find out whether or not this is a known issue with the car.

Even when my fan button is turned off, I still feel air coming out of my vents when I drive. Granted, it is not the same strength as when the AC is on, but I can still feel it and the temperature of the air is analogous to my temperature settings.If anyone can advise me on what this might be, I would greatly appreciatte it.

Thanks in advance.

I hate this "feature". Whenever I turn on the vents, I have to remember to disable the AC. Does anyone know of a way to disable or reverse this feature? I would prefer to have to manually turn on the AC - the fog on the windshield or the sweat on my forehead will remind me to turn it on :-)

-Bob