My Del Sol pix

Triggaman03

n by the way....i need help... my fog lights wont work.. idk if i dont know how to turn them on or what if there is a button or what but i changed the fuse and checked the bulb.. if the button is aux lt i pushed it and nothing comes on...and my cig lighter dont work...not that i smoke but i need it for my charger..i changed the fuse in that too

haha wow man i seriously laughed out loud when i saw that. definitely get it painted asap. as for the aux lights and cig lighter, first thing first is check the fuses. the cig is the same one as the radio, so if the radio is still working then its either a wire for the lighter or its gone bad.

if the aux lights still dont work after checking the fuse. get a volt meter and test to see if the wires are getting power. if its not that, then maybe both bulbs are dead, but thats probably not whats going on

edit: oh and to insert a pic, copy the link and then theres a little button here to the left of the smiley faces, looks like a landscape, then paste the link there

yea well i dont have 3 grand to get it painted..thats what i was quoted so im trying to find someone cheaper and get it done for a grand or less or im gonna primer it and drive it that way for a lil bit til i figure something out.... yea i think a lil vato had this car before the guy i got it from... other then that nothing looks wrong with the car right? it burns a lil bit of oil i was told but i guess hondas r known for that... i wanna put a vtec in it but idk where to find one and how much or what all i need to change in my motor to do the change...actually idk what the hell a vtec does i jus kno its better...

well you can get a cheapo paint job from maaco and that will get the job done, just dont expect it to be perfect. and no hondas arent really known to burn oil so you should figure that problem out.

if you want to swap motors check out hmotorsonline. if you want a cheaper route, you can swap a VTEC head on which is called a "mini-me." search the forums here or just google to get info on that.

well maaco told me 249-1000 and some for the cost... but idk how good of a job they can do it seems cheap for a shop doing it...and the burning oil... most of the people around here there honda burn a lil oil.... you telling me to figure out why its burning oil lol idk what would cause that im 18 and the only thing i can do to a car is put in a car stereo system... thats it so could u tell me what it could be..

i did get a great deal as if u r referring to getting the car.... i traded my 97 crown vic with a system in it even up.... it needed shocks... the head gasket was going bad....the radiator was cracked... it needed tires.. and there were several things going bad... the guy told me this del sol burns a lil oil and thats it...burning oil wasnt a major concern to me cuz 164k miles on it and i figured it can be a easy fix...either way he got a crapty deal and hes prob kickin himself in the ass over it... and yes getting my car painted is the number one priority but im trying to make plans on what i wanna do to my car...but paint is first lol

I'd recommend going through this thread if you're planning on going with Maaco. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1563066

The previous owner got it sprayed at Maaco for $400 and it came out pretty well, 2 years later and it's holding up fine so far.

The paint's not the greatest quality but I just make sure to wash it every other week and wax it every other month, pretty happy with it.

solsociety1.jpg

solsociety3.jpg

solsociety2.jpg

i did get a great deal as if u r referring to getting the car.... i traded my 97 crown vic with a system in it even up.... it needed shocks... the head gasket was going bad....the radiator was cracked... it needed tires.. and there were several things going bad... the guy told me this del sol burns a lil oil and thats it...burning oil wasnt a major concern to me cuz 164k miles on it and i figured it can be a easy fix...either way he got a crapty deal and hes prob kickin himself in the ass over it... and yes getting my car painted is the number one priority but im trying to make plans on what i wanna do to my car...but paint is first lol

Proper size tires and an OEM spoiler should be next on the list. Unless it's just the angle that makes it look like the overall diameter is an inch or two less than it should be... I rather doubt that.

no it needs rims but im gonna get it painted first lol... i was gonna go with black rims...im going with the lime green and black look....so black rims...and it needs slammed but idk how much... i dont wanna mess up the body or anything underneath

no it needs rims but im gonna get it painted first lol... i was gonna go with black rims...im going with the lime green and black look....so black rims...and it needs slammed but idk how much... i dont wanna mess up the body or anything underneath

Glad to hear I'm not just going crazy, haha. If you're gonna lower it, you probably don't want to go more than 1 1/2" - 2". Especially not if you're going to use it as your DD.

well maaco told me 249-1000 and some for the cost... but idk how good of a job they can do it seems cheap for a shop doing it...and the burning oil... most of the people around here there honda burn a lil oil.... you telling me to figure out why its burning oil lol idk what would cause that im 18 and the only thing i can do to a car is put in a car stereo system... thats it so could u tell me what it could be..

maaco is only worth going to if you don't care about your car and/or you simply want a decent enough paint job in order to sell a car.

in the 8+ years i've owned my del sol, it's never burned a drop of oil. the prelude is a different story :laugh: you should first figure out if it's actually burning the oil, or if it has a leak.

i knew a guy that had an older camaro and he got it sprayed by maaco and it turned out very well.. I think its more of the employees vs the company.. not every employee is going to suck but some are

but like i said it the other thread ask around your town.. there are good painters who do it on the side for the hell of it and wont charge much at all.. and the body looks fine so it wont be much work (as in they wont have to fix dents etc)

but i would go get some paint and paint the hood with something cheap at least hahaha i would NOT drive that around

as far as lowering get some basic adjustables (I have cheap basic coilovers and tokico blue struts and you can change height and it rides very well for a lowered honda).. ask brian what happens when you slam it out and go over railroads (jk).. mine is decently low but I know how to drive it to where i don't screw it up.. as for rims if your going more show 16's always look nice.. most people on here think 17s are too big but i like them but you need thinner tires which means bigger possiblity of bent rims.. as far as body kit goes.. i dont think that one looks TOO bad but 98% of people on here will give you crap about it because a lot of people on here belive in looking as stock as possible

oh and burning oil could be anything like valve stem seals in the head or rings in the bottom end.. but def. make sure its burning oil and not just leaking

If it was mine the paint and the kit I could live with, but that hood and those horrible wheel caps would have to go ASAP.

I can even see that the car was milano before the purple/black job.

Welcome to town. Don't be put off by anyone giving you grief about the ride. It's your car and you are the one that has to drive it, and this is the internet. We all know the internet is serious business. :rolleyes:

If it was mine the paint and the kit I could live with, but that hood and those horrible wheel caps would have to go ASAP.

I can even see that the car was milano before the purple/black job.

i saw that too. someone forgot about the door handles.... i bet the whole engine bay is nice too

yes the trunk the engine bay and the handles are red lol..its a very crapty paint job... i would just paint the hood but this paint job is really bad.. it might just need buffed but id rather have it a color of my choice... i jus got the car cuz i wanted a honda and it looked like a great starting point... and yes the stock caps look retarded...i want 16s and i wanna drop it about a inch or so.... thanks for the input guys...i would take offense if i did the paint job...but remember this is how i got it... i have done nothing to it so far and i cant really til after i go to south carolina in july cuz thats when ill have the money...so be patient but i will have this looking slick...and im not gonna lose the body kit.. if i do ill put a different one on :)

well they look stock to me...

They're probably either another car's stock rims, or steelies with $20 Wal-Mart hubs on them. I'd bet it originally had nicer rims, but the PO swapped them out with those POS' to sell it.

Archived