Earth collision

nnoossss

(June 10) - Our solar system has a potentially violent future. New computer simulations reveal a slight chance that a disruption of planetary orbits could lead to a collision of Earth with Mercury, Mars or Venus in the next few billion years.

Despite its diminutive size, Mercury poses the greatest risk to the solar system's order. Results of the computer model show a roughly 1 percent chance that the elongation of Mercury's orbit will increase to the point where the planet's path around the sun crosses that of Venus. That's when planetary pandemonium would ensue, the researchers find, and Mercury could be ejected from the solar system, or collide with the sun or a neighboring planet, such as Earth.

1244671585347.jpg

I like how it makes it sound likes its gona happen any day now.

cool...we have few billion years to have fun :D lol

Almost always they make it sound like it's going to happen tomorrow lol nothing like that scares me lol

Yea well when i browsed by it i was like NOWAI and i saw the earth and crap and then i read it and it was like A few billion years.

thats kinda close rick.. that might really scare people lol

i knew a guy one time that said god spoke to him and he did a bunch of research and pretty must staked his life on a metor impact on a certain day... the day came and went and nothing happened

The earth is going to be engulfed by the sun anyway when it swells into a red giant in the next 7.6 billion years.

man its impossible too predict all the sh*ts thats gona happen too the earth in billions off years we could like get shot down by a nuclear misle engulfing the whole world lol.

thats kinda close rick.. that might really scare people lol

here you go sarah.

dec 21, 2012

its amusing because this one actually has some science behind it unlike most other doomsday scenarios we see floating around these days

i knew a guy one time that said god spoke to him and he did a bunch of research and pretty must staked his life on a metor impact on a certain day... the day came and went and nothing happened

Sounds just like the guy who founded the 7th day adventists, haha. Read the bible, picked a day that Jesus was returning, and he and his followers sold everything and sat on a hill to wait for him. He didn't show up, the guy went back, recalculated, and they went out again a few weeks later. They did that a few times and finally just became a church. Humanity is full of people trying to figure out when the end is... it's all pointless. Odds are we aren't going to realize the end is near until it actually shows up. The rest is just an interesting discussion.

Archived