HF Random Thought Thread

s_adbell

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was 8/hr and 12 hour shifts.. no breaks during these 12 hour shifts.. the front desk did like everything and had busy work to do when it was slow while the nurses sat in the nurse station watching movies all day and making the nurse tech clean the rooms

all of the front people are trying to find another job or already quit

and i felt like i was gettin the evil eye from the girls in the back when i took back paperwork that made them actually get off their ass

i can average that or more serving at rubys and i make my own schedule (the entire front of house schedule actually) at rubys

I figure dealing with one or two crappy people are rubys and being able to make my own schedule around school is better then over working myself with no breaks with a bunch of crappy people

it was 8/hr and 12 hour shifts.. no breaks during these 12 hour shifts.. the front desk did like everything and had busy work to do when it was slow while the nurses sat in the nurse station watching movies all day and making the nurse tech clean the rooms

all of the front people are trying to find another job or already quit

and i felt like i was gettin the evil eye from the girls in the back when i took back paperwork that made them actually get off their ass

i can average that or more serving at rubys and i make my own schedule (the entire front of house schedule actually) at rubys

I figure dealing with one or two crappy people are rubys and being able to make my own schedule around school is better then over working myself with no breaks with a bunch of crappy people

Except most restaurant jobs are dead end, while a Doctors office has potential for more advancement. Thing is you're young though, so probably not much of a real loss.

actually IF i stayed at rubys i could advance as supervisor then manager etc

there I would be in the front desk for god knows how long because it was a smaller practice and not much else

Yes, but until you get to a regional or higher position...it's still dead end. And while you might not advance in that office, experience goes a long way in a professional career. I'm not saying you made a bad decision, because you're in your early 20s. If you were older, it would've been a much poorer decision.

Sarah, the job you said ur quitting, is it a receptionist/tech in an ER? i didn't feel like going back and reading. if so, you'd prolly need schooling before you could really go anywhere with it. with a the job at ruby's you'd go up with just hard work and ass kissing. you could potentially make more money in the hospital assuming you went to school and became a surgeon, but school is expensive. at least with working at ruby's you can manage your schedule better and make money to pay for school. what are you majoring in?

I'm not saying you made a bad decision, because you're in your early 20s. If you were older, it would've been a much poorer decision.

im not even 20 yet

Sarah, the job you said ur quitting, is it a receptionist/tech in an ER? i didn't feel like going back and reading. if so, you'd prolly need schooling before you could really go anywhere with it. with a the job at ruby's you'd go up with just hard work and ass kissing. you could potentially make more money in the hospital assuming you went to school and became a surgeon, but school is expensive. at least with working at ruby's you can manage your schedule better and make money to pay for school. what are you majoring in?

it was a receptionist at a private doctor office.. the tech that works there does everything including the nurses crap cause they walk all over her.. but im now a junior in mechanical engineering and will have my degree in two years.. so i'd rather just be able to have a better schedule around school then stress out in that place and not be able to make my own hours like i can at rubys

and that was a bad prediction.. turned out it was more stress and not enough money lol

Don't feel good....its really hot over here...I have practice after work...just feel under the weather.....

i remember those days, they are crapty. youll feel good once you get home and take a nice cool shower and sleep :thumbsup:

no. not too soon

so i finally got to go see my cousins baby today and he is adorable. his name is Hayden. 7.8 lbs. on the way out of the hospital i looked down while stepping off the elevator and to my amusement i see the word OTiS lol. it was the name of the company or something that made the elevator, made me chuckle and think of HF :)

poor otis always going up and down...

Archived