HF Random Thought Thread

s_adbell

does a small difference in octane really make any difference?

btw i know that probably sounds like a blonde question for some, but meh i don't know, might as well ask!

If your timing and/or compression is higher than stock, then a slightly higher octane could be the difference between a properly running engine and getting spark knock.

A common misconception is that higher octane fuels burn hotter. technically true, but actually what that means is it still burns at temperatures where lower octane fuel will explode.

*edit*

If your engine runs well with 87 octane, putting 89+ octane fuel in is just throwing money away. Higher octane fuel will not increase horsepower by itself.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car requires at least 91 or the ECU turns down the boost and retards the timing. A safer bet in terms of pinging and detonation.

My car requires at least 91 or the ECU turns down the boost and retards the timing. A safer bet in terms of pinging and detonation.

There's no such thing as safer bet. There's just what your engine setup needs. Since you have a high-performance engine running boost, you need higher octane fuel. It's as simple as that. Although, since your ECU compensates, the only reason you need 91 is if you want to get the full potential from your engine.

^your Sol is awesome!

thank you lina! :wub:

im debating if i should get a CF hood, 50 watt HIDs, window tint, and strut bars

im getting the GSR sway bar tomorrow and putting it on friday before the car show :happy:

thank you lina! :wub:

im debating if i should get a CF hood, 50 watt HIDs, window tint, and strut bars

im getting the GSR sway bar tomorrow and putting it on friday before the car show :happy:

id say wait on cf hood till you got the swap. iv got a red dc sports sturt bar for sale if your interested. i kno a guy who sells HID kits in 35w and 55w for 135-200ish. hes also got bi-xenon kits which is high and low beam. repsol also sells kits but hes not on much anymore.

negatory lina, it has GSR LCAs on it because i ran into a problem taking off the passanger side lca for the coils so my friend sold me his for 20 bucks :p

that is true, but i dont want to fall asleep at the wheel lol

my first car show is tonight!! WOOT WOOT!! not a big show or anything but im still excited :happy:

So anyone have any remedies for sore muscles besides medicine? Im thinking of going to a hot tub and sitting in there or a sauna for about an hour....i need to be ready for my game tomorrow and everything is super tight arms, legs, hamstrings, calves...you name it

So anyone have any remedies for sore muscles besides medicine? Im thinking of going to a hot tub and sitting in there or a sauna for about an hour....i need to be ready for my game tomorrow and everything is super tight arms, legs, hamstrings, calves...you name it

drink a little bit? i kno that helps me relax a lot. not to the point to get drunk but just a little bit to get feelin good

Well I'll be celebrating my birthday this weekend since it sits on monday lol, but thats after my game lol....

weapons of choice....

Vodka Tonics & Air Force One (citrus vodka, Hpnotiq liqueur, lemon juice, lemon-lime soda)......ALL NIGHT LONG LoL

Archived