stem cell contact lenses cure blindness

Rick B.

Actually, last week when my dog pushed my brothers dog out of the way of a car.

Straight slammed her to get her out of the road.

So I have to vote for animals being able to make a conscious choice.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, last week when my dog pushed my brothers dog out of the way of a car.

Straight slammed her to get her out of the road.

So I have to vote for animals being able to make a conscious choice.

that's actually pretty bad ass. but i still believe that God put man above animals, another reason i say so is because we were made in His image, animals were not, and in Genesis man was put in charge of taking care of all the animals. And it says straight up in the bible that man has been given animals to eat.

edit: kinda funny how this got so off topic, but i guess the issue of stem cell research and abortion has been beaten to death.

anyone heard of peter singer? we looked at some of his work in my ethics class

my teacher put it like this to us:

Apes have shown great ability to think and reason.

You have two options to pick from.. you have to pick which one has a greater value.. option A is a newborn baby who has a disease and is going to die 10 min after its born.. option B is a healthly and smart ape who will live to be however old apes are

some of the diehard christians in my class actually argued the baby STILL had way more value then the ape.. but they couldnt back up their reasons without going into religious beliefs.. I may have not said the example exactly right but yall get the point

I think peter singer is a bit over the top but some of his views have a point.. I think its kind of self centered to think humans are the only beings with souls and are the only thing that matters

^interesting!

The thing is that we don't have to choose between humans and animals...we can all coexist just fine! Animals have their own cycle of which eats which and humans have our own cycle of who kills who...which makes us not that much different lol

^interesting!

The thing is that we don't have to choose between humans and animals...we can all coexist just fine! Animals have their own cycle of which eats which and humans have our own cycle of who kills who...which makes us not that much different lol

It doesnt make us any different in the aspect of us killing and them killing no. But we are different obviously in alot more ways. If we werent higher than animals we would either be living like animals or animals would be living like us.

Of course! I agree with you. I'm just saying that when it comes to that cycle, we are very similar!

Lots of humans still act on their instinct and kill people and react madly! All people have to be more emotionally intelligent for the whole society to be better and more evolved, IMO.

Archived