got hit by a truck yesterday!

C92hatchX

I thought it was way wors than what it was but it was just the fender thank god

what had happend was...i was driving 40 in a 35 and i was going into a turning lane...this kind person lets this lady out of a drive way, and she did not yeild to see if anyone else was coming and came flying out and i tried to dodge it but could go to far cause oncoming traffic...then she hit me and is now trying to take me to court saying i was speeding...she has no way of proving i was speeding

and shes the only one that got cited so well see what happens

i fixed it within the hour...but had to use an si fender...but its better that this...oh and my mad tyte JDM corner light broke, so its held on with tape

fender.jpg

ffeennddeerr.jpg

if she finds this post she has proof that you were going 40 in a 35 lol. should'nt have been speeding. there its said so nobody else rag on him. glad to hear your ok and that's all that happened. if she cant really prove you were speeding then she is at fault for not yielding to oncoming traffic. but i'd edit that post lol

It's a good thing you were smart enough not to swerve into oncoming traffic. Many accidents happen this way. Someone waves a person out when there's still traffic coming in the other lane. People are idiots, and you have to always be aware of that and take precautions to avoid things like this. If you see traffic slowing down or stopped in the lane next to you, you should slow down too, even if your lane is clear.

i really doubt even if he was 5 over if a judge would cite him 100% at fault, unless he lives in PA

hes got a point. even here in va if your goin 5 ovr the cops wont do much. glad to hear your ok. makes ya feel any better dwayne my sister got pulled ovr for doin 72 in a 55. she pulled over as far as she culd on the shoulder so the cop wouldnt be so close to the interstate and ended up sliding down into a ditch from where it had rained the past few days. cop let her out of her ticket but she had to pay a $100 wrecker fee to get her out. then she starts cussing out the cop. :nono:

man i guess yesterday was just the day that idiots were on the road i almost had an accident and so did my co worker. People need too stop bein stupid wether its ur fault or not.

if she finds this post she has proof that you were going 40 in a 35 lol. should'nt have been speeding. there its said so nobody else rag on him. glad to hear your ok and that's all that happened. if she cant really prove you were speeding then she is at fault for not yielding to oncoming traffic. but i'd edit that post lol

the cop told me it wasnt speeding, so im all good

and otis...lol i just got a ticket about a week ago for doing 74 in a 55, had to pay 124 bucks

Heres the new fender i got for 20 bucks

ffffffeeeeeeender.jpg

Edited by WTT

the cop told me it wasnt speeding, so im all good

and otis...lol i just got a ticket about a week ago for doing 74 in a 55, had to pay 124 bucks

Heres the new fender i got for 20 bucks

ffffffeeeeeeender.jpg

ah thats cool then. fender actually looks pretty good :thumbsup:

You messed up though.

If she hit you why did you fix your car? Her insurance would have paid for it. I know you only spent $20, but still.

You should have left it long enough to have had her adjuster inspect it.

In every case I have witnessed, even when it was determined that the oncoming car was speeding it was considered the fault of the driver pulling into traffic in this sort of accident.

If you take a check and do not have a shop repair it I would guess $300-400 to cover a panel, spray of red and the replacement corner.

i can get down with that...itd be my b series fund

He doesn't have to "make it seem like it's still messed up." Insurance doesn't care who fixes it! If you choose to keep the money that the insurance would have paid to the shop and just fix it yourself, insurance is fine with it...as far as I've seen.

I told the insurance I was gonna fix it myself and they said ok whatever, so I fixed it :D.

Not fraud at all. She hit his car. To repair the car to original using insurance company acceptable labor and parts suppliers it would cost the company $667 to repair it. He can choose to receive that as a check and go to the company of his choice for repair. Or he can cash the check and do whatever he wants with the money as it was his car that has taken the loss in value if he chooses not to fix it using insurance company standard repairs.

i dont think it would be...i mean that money is actually going towards that fender he gave it to me i just need to pay him still..

now can i throw that fender back on?, cause they have pics and crap already of the damage, so would it matter or should i just leave it on just incase