New Puppy

didnt know if yall knew a lot about pups but the crackheads at the spca here dont know anything.. the paper says shepherd mix and i know shes shepherd but idk what else.. any guesses?

i just have this one pic of her before we got her out of the cage.. we went from wanting a rottweiler to wanting her when we saw her so we saved her :)

shes only about 3 1/2 to 4 months old

2-4.jpg

they sent her to go get spayed before we could take her home :( but hopefully i get to pick her up tomorrow or wed.

Edited by DelSolSweetie

thanks granpa

we were thinking shepherd/pit from how she was acting and colorings etc.. and not to mention when we looked up shepherd pits they look almost exactly like her

we should get the DNA thing soon but they dont have pit listed cause it isnt akc recgonized or something.. but according to my mum some of the breeds listed will show up as if there is pit

but i pick her up from getting spayed tomorrow so ill get more pics

Edited by DelSolSweetie

i agree with the pit but i think there may be a hint of corgi as well.. obviously not as short, but something about the way the shoulder sits and the ears and the body length.. iono.. reminds me of this guy..

corgi pup

Edited by s_adbell

If you suspect pitbull then make sure there are no records indicating such. if the spca says there is none then just leave it at that.

many rental properties refuse pitbulls regardless of situation. some homeowners insurance will entirely refuse injury coverages on your home, others will make you purchase excessive secondary coverages, some municipalities will seize and destroy pitbulls if you keep one in the city.

pits make excellent pets/dogs provided they are cared for and trained properly. it takes very little provoking or mistreatment to raise them poorly though.

yep. still have those little puppy teeth?

yup.. spca said she was 4 months.. my mom is thinkin less then that (my mom used to be a trainer/vet tech person)

If you suspect pitbull then make sure there are no records indicating such. if the spca says there is none then just leave it at that.

many rental properties refuse pitbulls regardless of situation. some homeowners insurance will entirely refuse injury coverages on your home, others will make you purchase excessive secondary coverages, some municipalities will seize and destroy pitbulls if you keep one in the city.

pits make excellent pets/dogs provided they are cared for and trained properly. it takes very little provoking or mistreatment to raise them poorly though.

pits are all over the place in sumter.. not TOO many of them get fought but they still have a bad rep.. city allows them but your insurance will def. be higher.. which is why she is a shepherd mix to them lol

but i know pits can make great dogs.. and so do shepherds.. im thinking shes going to be a great dog besides being too smart already.. but she goes right to sleep when she gets put in her crate and hasnt had any accidents yet which is good

One of the greatest housedogs I have ever met was a little 16yr old, 125 lbs pit girl named Alabama. The only thing that dog wanted to do was figure out how to be a lapdog again. When it came to feeding time she always sat back and waited for the younger and smaller dogs to get their fill first. She was scared of strangers and would go hide in her kennel if someone knocked on the front door.

so far she hasnt had any accidents at all and keeps playing with the cats.. she was in her crate for like 7 hours last night cause she didnt wake me up and still didnt have any accidents.. ive never had such a well behaved puppy

of course i told my bf its his turn to watch her today since he worked yesterday and shes giving him hell already and hes only been home for 30 min.. hahaha

edit: i take back what i said.. she had an accident in the house cause when i said take her out he didnt wait till she went he just brought her back in

Edited by DelSolSweetie