FS: 1991 Honda Civic Hatch - 55,000 miles **SOLD**

CleanGSR

It's not a matter of not wanting it, it's a matter of not being able to acquire it. It's a beautiful car Nate, and I'm kind of sad that you're selling it. Keep it up and you'll be just like Dwayne around here.

It's not a matter of not wanting it, it's a matter of not being able to acquire it. It's a beautiful car Nate, and I'm kind of sad that you're selling it. Keep it up and you'll be just like Dwayne around here.

Lol...except I don't sell craptards in order to acquire other craptards. This will be the last one for awhile....sadly I won't have a Honda for probably the next year or two after this one goes. When/if I do get a Honda/Acura again it will probably be something closer to a TSX. I feel like I'm getting kind of old for the "kid crowd" cars.

I feel like I'm getting kind of old for the "kid crowd" cars.

That's a terrible thought.

I'm down with driving a nicer or newer car if that is what you would like. Saying you are getting too old to have fun with cheap toys is just depressing.

You will sell the car, just give it time. It has a limited market focus which is what is hurting you. It is in premium condition for the age and most of the potential buyers of a car at that age and style are too poor to afford something so nice.

That's a terrible thought.

I'm down with driving a nicer or newer car if that is what you would like. Saying you are getting too old to have fun with cheap toys is just depressing.

You will sell the car, just give it time. It has a limited market focus which is what is hurting you. It is in premium condition for the age and most of the potential buyers of a car at that age and style are too poor to afford something so nice.

I know what you mean, but it's a car that's under 3k....you can't get a much cheaper market than that for something that runs well. Apparently, most of the people who want EF/ED's can only afford the ones with 200k miles and rust that are 1500 bucks. Oh well....not completely worried about the money...just would be nice to get rid of it and get my money back out of it.

I'm not completely out of the "scene", just feel like at 29 (almost) and being a teacher in the next couple of years that I should graduate to a more age/job appropriate car. A lightly modded TSX would fit the bill well, but who knows what I'll want a year or two down the road.

I'm a 30yr old IT consultant with a mortgage, married for 8 years and a kid on the way and all I want to do is tinker with my old ragged out sedan even though I could easily afford to buy one of those super sweet tsx sh-awd that they just dropped. But the sedan so old and simple to work on. It is so cheap that what can I break that cannot be fixed for a couple hundred and a weekend?

You will surely enjoy the nice tsx but you will forever miss the zippy little civ.

Nate and Jason, you guys are both too cool to ever be old!! I have promised myself that I will never be "too old" for a fun sporty car. If I ever drive "old people nice classy sedan car" please slap me and tell me to snap out of it lol

wow Jason...congrats on the baby in the future!! yay! huuuggsssss :) say hi to Tracy... :)

I'm a 30yr old IT consultant with a mortgage, married for 8 years and a kid on the way and all I want to do is tinker with my old ragged out sedan even though I could easily afford to buy one of those super sweet tsx sh-awd that they just dropped. But the sedan so old and simple to work on. It is so cheap that what can I break that cannot be fixed for a couple hundred and a weekend?

You will surely enjoy the nice tsx but you will forever miss the zippy little civ.

The new TSX's are not sh-awd....only the new TL's (I know, my folks just bought an '09 TSX). I see your point, but being a teacher, I would rather drive a car that's not the same as what the kids I taught are driving and fixing up....and something that the kids I taught aren't always wanting to race me in.

Example... I have a modded civic and a bunch of the kids I taught also have modded civic.....I'd like to have a car that's held to a little bit higher class than them. It may sound stupid, but it's just hard to explain. Would be different if I was anything but a teacher really. Realistically, I'd love to have something like the mid-90's Honda Odyssey with a turbo H22 that was for sale on Honda-Tech a couple years back.....or a turbo accord wagon, or a JRSC B20 Vtec CR-V. You don't have to drive a civic or integra to have a cool Honda.

Oh, and I will never miss the "zippiness" of this civic. It has the potential but as it sits with the stock engine and 4 speed...it's not that zippy. My Integra....now that car I miss the zippyness of....same with the Del Sol VTEC.....small cars are only in my history now though since my family is growing.

Opps. The TL is what I meant. Anywhoo...

So far how many lookers?

Probably half a dozen with 5 flakers and one stupid lady that offered 1800. I told her I'll let it rust and put 150,000 miles and then she can get it for 1800 like all the other civics.

yeah that way he can at least make it home :) lol

Lol....he could probably make it home on 10-15 bucks. He emailed me this morning and said he made it home just fine....got 39mpg on the trip home.

Lol....he could probably make it home on 10-15 bucks. He emailed me this morning and said he made it home just fine....got 39mpg on the trip home.

thats great! so what u planning with the $$$? lol

Archived