• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its amusing that you all want it locked, and theres no one to lock it :D

honestly, i think you all want to be mods, especially those of you saying how lame the thread is. you know you want it. but the vote for ryan pic is the best.

also, as a noob here, my opinion means jack so i can say what i want and not feel like a d!ck. carry on.

edit: yes nancy, he is quite frightening.

honestly, i think you all want to be mods, especially those of you saying how lame the thread is. you know you want it. but the vote for ryan pic is the best.

also, as a noob here, my opinion means jack so i can say what i want and not feel like a d!ck. carry on.

I never once said that I wouldn't want to be a mod.....I just think it's kinda dumb to sit here an nominate yourself (not you personally obviously) when the mods know who all the active members are and how all of them act.

Bottom line is that about 99% of the potential mods will have to alter how they act on here some if they become a mod (myself included) and about 80% of the people that have nominated themselves or been nominated would probably be able to do that. IF the mods ever log in to approve new mods, I'm confident that they'll choose a good mod (or 3) and no....I"m not just saying that so I'll get picked...I can think of 2 or 3 good potential mods and will share my ideas with any mod.....if they ask.

Edit: Oh and Nancy made this thread go from Fail to Win with her post.

i just started reading that ginger thread over again, wow what a tool. i wish mods had the option for when they closed a thread at the top in red where it says "CLOSED" it could say FAIL

Yeah hush you newbie. :D I just noticed you joined last year, even tho you have more posts than me.

Yeah hush you newbie. :D I just noticed you joined last year, even tho you have more posts than me.

my post count and my profile views are almost neck and neck, the race is on.

I never once said that I wouldn't want to be a mod.....I just think it's kinda dumb to sit here an nominate yourself (not you personally obviously) when the mods know who all the active members are and how all of them act.

Bottom line is that about 99% of the potential mods will have to alter how they act on here some if they become a mod (myself included) and about 80% of the people that have nominated themselves or been nominated would probably be able to do that. IF the mods ever log in to approve new mods, I'm confident that they'll choose a good mod (or 3) and no....I"m not just saying that so I'll get picked...I can think of 2 or 3 good potential mods and will share my ideas with any mod.....if they ask.

Edit: Oh and Nancy made this thread go from Fail to Win with her post.

i prefer the honesty of the people saying i want to be a mod over those that beat around the bush and try to act like they are above such shenanigans when deep down they want it really bad, which is the vibe i get from most of you guys. sorry, have i mentioned how bluntly honest i tend to be? yes being a mod is kinda nice, i have a 1/2 a taste of it elsewhere, without the banning powers, but i also know i dont stand a chance of it here, so i wont even bother, but i can voice my opinion

VOTE FOR WBS, 2009!

i prefer the honesty of the people saying i want to be a mod over those that beat around the bush and try to act like they are above such shenanigans when deep down they want it really bad, which is the vibe i get from most of you guys. sorry, have i mentioned how bluntly honest i tend to be? yes being a mod is kinda nice, i have a 1/2 a taste of it elsewhere, without the banning powers, but i also know i dont stand a chance of it here, so i wont even bother, but i can voice my opinion

VOTE FOR WBS, 2009!

It's more work than anything than "nice". You can't just watch crazy stuff happen anymore and more importantly, you have to set the example. That isn't always fun. It's fun sitting back being a jerkoff making fun of things sometimes, but as a mod your duty is to enforce the forces and guide the way for others. Things have been crazy here lately because we've been lacking such leadership. I never wanted to do it because it's cool, but to bring the accreditation back i once thought it had. I see what you're saying Alison, and I wasn't about to be one of those people. Like you I'm upfront and honest with things.

VOTE FOR WBS, 2009!

There's a difference. If asked by the moderators if I want to be a mod I will tell them my answer honestly. However, I'm not going to go around to all the people who have no say and beg and whine about how much I want to be a mod.

Someone else mentioned about asking for a promotion.

Would you seriously go around to every co-worker you know talking about how great you'd be for the promotion and how you think you are so extremely qualified for the job and the best canditdate? If your answer is yes,....then a fair warning...you'll come off like an arrogant ass running around talking like that to your co-workers (in case you don't pick it up...this is the scenario going on in this thread).

Or....

Would you send a message or talk privately with the superiors that hire for that promotion to let them know you are interested? Doing this away from the co-workers (who have no say) and in a more professional manner with the people who actually have decision making power. (This is exactly NOT what this thread is doing).

If you want to be a mod so bad....pm Drew or the mods and let them know....nominate someone that way too. But seriously...none of the people in this thread have any say over who is going to be a mod and it's pretty dumb to sit here to all your peers and talk about how much better you would than them at something.

There's a difference. If asked by the moderators if I want to be a mod I will tell them my answer honestly. However, I'm not going to go around to all the people who have no say and beg and whine about how much I want to be a mod.

Someone else mentioned about asking for a promotion.

Would you seriously go around to every co-worker you know talking about how great you'd be for the promotion and how you think you are so extremely qualified for the job and the best canditdate? If your answer is yes,....then a fair warning...you'll come off like an arrogant ass running around talking like that to your co-workers (in case you don't pick it up...this is the scenario going on in this thread).

Or....

Would you send a message or talk privately with the superiors that hire for that promotion to let them know you are interested? Doing this away from the co-workers (who have no say) and in a more professional manner with the people who actually have decision making power. (This is exactly NOT what this thread is doing).

If you want to be a mod so bad....pm Drew or the mods and let them know....nominate someone that way too. But seriously...none of the people in this thread have any say over who is going to be a mod and it's pretty dumb to sit here to all your peers and talk about how much better you would than them at something.

honestly i dont give a good gaddam whos mod and whos not. i think this thread should be taken as the silly that it should be. why you all get so disgruntled that it exists is well.. stupid. so what if others want to voice their opinion as to if they want to mod, or who should be a mod.. whatever, if you dont like it.. ignore it. a good mod would a its not breaking any rules.

Archived