Any mods available for d16y5?

RidnOnNeons

Whats up everyone? Ok heres the scoop! I just bought a 1998 Honda Civic HX with the D16y5 vtec-e motor and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any sites with good aftermarket parts! Also, what kind of mods would I possibly have to do in order to get the y8 engine parts to fit?

your motor is made for gas mileage. vtec-e is an economical car. get another engine or car if you wants speed. not being an a$$, just stating what you've got :thumbsup:

Damn thats exactly what I was afraid the motor was! Well thanks for your input anyway! If push comes to shove whats your opinion on just turboing the motor?

Damn thats exactly what I was afraid the motor was! Well thanks for your input anyway! If push comes to shove whats your opinion on just turboing the motor?

Possible, but probably not your cheapest solution.

Dude You Have an Rare MPG Whore dont ruin It!!! 1 Gear FTW!

Get a cheap EG HB and Turbo It

:thumbsup: Okay Okay I second that notion! You guys talked me into it I guess! I'll let the wifey drive the "economical" ride and stick with my BMW until I can come across a y8 or another car all together! This topic didn't turn out the way I would have liked but thank you to everyone that put their 2 cents in!

Get some HX Wheels or Lightweights ;if you run those 17+ rims you'll ruin the overall MPG

Lol thanks man but thats a pic of my old 97 ex civic (RIP)! That reminds me tho I need to put up a pic of the 2 new rides! BTW checked out your pics of your ride and I give a A+!! Keep up the good work!

Lol thanks man but thats a pic of my old 97 ex civic (RIP)! That reminds me tho I need to put up a pic of the 2 new rides! BTW checked out your pics of your ride and I give a A+!! Keep up the good work!

Then Leave Reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Y8 rocker arms and cam will drop right in. Y5 has the same head as the Y8.

Any bolt-on part for a 92-00 D series will work.

So what your saying is that I can even get a y8 head and it will bolt right on? Would I have to modify the harness or ecu?

No point in getting a whole Y8 head. Just get the Y8 valvetrain and put it in the Y5 head. Saves you a headgasket and head studs.

You'll need to modify the harness and use a Y8 ECU.

You could always think about swapping a B series in.....just for the fact that there are way more parts made for it......when I drove my d16 civic.....It was hard to find just about everything and there were few people who actually recommended that I put money into it......but...if you do decide to turbo it.....make sure to do some heavy internal work.....you don't want to look like the jackass who has no idea what he's doing and just drives a turbo'd car for the sound the blowoff valve makes......

Archived